DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Fly app upgrade for smart controller

Hi... can I manually install the fly app update on my Smart controller? Or should I wait till it officially comes out on the site?
The module for the Smart Controller is proprietary and contains a modified version of the App for it's 32 bit Android system. Any updates to the Fly App will come as a update specific to the Smart Controller. I would not advise trying to side load a 64 bit App into a 32 bit system.

Last edited:
The module for the Smart Controller is proprietary and contains a modified version of the App for it's 32 bit Android system. Any updates to the Fly App will come as a update specific to the Smart Controller. I would not advise trying to side load a 64 bit App into a 32 bit system.
I thought the rumor that the SC was running 32-bit Android had been debunked.

The Android version of 1.2.2 is not on the play store yet. You can sideload the APK app from DJI website. This will update the Android version of 1.2.1 to perfectly safe it does take a few minutes to get used to the changes as I've done this

The Android version of 1.2.2 is not on the play store yet. You can sideload the APK app from DJI website. This will update the Android version of 1.2.1 to perfectly safe it does take a few minutes to get used to the changes as I've done this
Any chance we could implore you to drop a link to the relevant DJI website location? I.e., where do I find this APK on DJI, and while we're at it, is there some documentation or video somewhere that can educate a non-android user about the whole side load/google play store universe ? ( plead with a smile ! )

In the Smart Controller forum someone has posted that the new release 1.2.2 seems to work....further testing to follow.
Yes I am following that, last I saw they had no video downfeed but lost the thread for a bit. will find later...to above post...thanks for that. :)

UPDATE: New Firmware is out for the SC to update Fly App. :) See Thread: New Firmware V 01.00.0860

Any chance we could implore you to drop a link to the relevant DJI website location? I.e., where do I find this APK on DJI, and while we're at it, is there some documentation or video somewhere that can educate a non-android user about the whole side load/google play store universe ? ( plead with a smile ! )
Side loading is simple, just means use a browser, in this instance Lightning Browser..and google the App you want and download it to your SC. There are also sites that store versions of apps such a APKPure.com which you can find older apps that may be more compatible with the Android 7 on the SC. From there you can use the built in File Manger and then download folder to click you app and install that way.
Putting in the play store isn't the easiest option, but can be done at your discretion see video link. You can also install amazon store and do apps that way...google is your friend and search YouTube videos.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb