DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic fly more combo "lost" in transit

Hostage42

Reactions
ok guys and girls so i'm new here.it's a long,frustrating story. so i'll start from the beginning... i saved up to buy the mavic pro fly more combo and waited until it was back in stock at dji. so i waited a few weeks and finally they were shipping within a few days. so i ordered the fly more combo because why not? lol. so anyway i ordered and i noticed it needed to be signed for at delivery,which made me feel better after spending $1299.00! so i tracked it using the number dji gave me thru fed ex. so tracking it i noticed it said it was going to be delivered to my place a day i was at work,but it still needed to be signed for so normally the fed ex driver leaves a door tag notifying you that there's a item you need to pick up from our local fed ex hub. so i was like ok after work i'll take a little trip. so i check again online and it says the package was delivered!! so now i'm a bit weirded out. after looking again the online tracking said that i signed for it,but remember i'm at work 30 miles away. so now i start to crap my pants a bit,lol. i'm thinking how did this go on? get home immediatley call fed ex... they say we're showing delivered. i'm like ok i wasn't home,i didn't sign for it!!! so they tell me they will start an investigation,they will question the driver and call me back within 2 hours...so 2 hours pass and no cal. so i call them.... the trace dept is gone home for the day!! so my pissed off level went up a notch. so after a few days the investigation is over,it's "lost" so contact dji the shipper. so here we go... dji has no person to TALK to. went thru the chatand email thing 30-40 times back and forth...blah blah blah. dji looks at the tracking number and says it was delivered. so after finally reaching support hq they say i need a police report,but fed ex already said they "lost" it and all i needed was dji to file a claim. let me say this... dji not having a person you can actually talk to is so frustrating. anyway after almost 1 month still no drone,still no $1299, still no answers on who signed my name and where my drone was delivered. but progress is being made after all this time dji finally filed a claim with fed ex,but fed ex just told me dji needs to submit the claim form and documents. (proof of worth of mavic fly more combo) MY BIGGEST PIECE OF ADVICE FOR ANY OF THE NEW PURCHASERS... HAVE YOUR DRONE SENT TO A FED EX STORE!!! pick it up from there,that way nothing like this will happen to you. i don't know if the driver stole it,if it was taken because the driver left it on my porch,i'm just not sure. i can tell you this,when fed ex said they were going to interview the driver they said it as a matter of fact,after a few days the tone changed and they told me just to contact dji to file a claim,when i asked about the driver they just told me to contact dji is their policy!

MY BIGGEST PIECE OF ADVICE FOR ANY OF THE NEW PURCHASERS... HAVE YOUR DRONE SENT TO A FED EX STORE!
I used to do this, but DJI no longer allows packages to be delivered to another address.

That option has been grayed out for me for the 10+ past DJI shipments I've received.

If you paid for it with a credit card, file a claim with with your credit card company - you will probably get quicker results. Then buy your Mavic from someone else, and take DJI and Fedex out of the loop.

Such a sad conclusion to a delivery, I have had Fed Ex deliver to me before and find them to be a reputable company, as Big Bull has quiet rightly highlighted any Credit Card transaction is covered by the card supplier.
I wish you a speedy resolution in getting your Mavic Pro found or replaced, Mine arrived today via UPS and I was out at the time, but asked the delivery driver to leave it with next door neighbour via my Ring doorbell and he duly obliged, now charging waiting for lift off.

Good Luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121