DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic FPV app

Just got this app and seems very nice!!! however the distance from me is not working??? everything else works.

My DGI go 4 app the distance works fine and so does Litchi so it has to be in the Mavic FPV software.

Anyone else have this issue??

Is this App specific to IOS users ????

Its currently available for iOS devices only.

BDOG - Appreciate the response. Yea, Am currently using CAVU as an Android user, though hoping the developer of the Mavic FPV app builds one for Android based users.

What headset for CAVU did you choose? I think I want one with the front that has an opening for the ground perspective and line of sight options.

What headset for CAVU did you choose? I think I want one with the front that has an opening for the ground perspective and line of sight options.

BDOG, That's a good headset to have. I have a modded pair of Samsung Gear VR Goggles that I use, as well as a pair of HOMIDO's. They all seem to work well.

I also just downloaded it,and so far it's working perfect,using my VR goggles. My distance and AGL are spot on,so far? For 11.55 for the VR goggles,and 4.99 for the app,I thought I would give it a spin. I like to fly with goggles since I also fly racing drones,and I'm used to the immersive feeling they give you while using them. I will most likley spring for the DJI goggles later,but for this amount of money,I thought why not give it a try? I spend more than this at the drive thru at Mc Donalds with the wife and grandkids! LOL!

I have been using the Mavic FPV app since last fall! Love it and have used it more than my DJI app! Works a lot like Litchi and it has been very accurate in following my flight plans! Please see my University of Delaware Stadium Renovation video on YouTube. I have also enjoyed using the FPV mode with goggles although I have only flown with them a few times. Surely, I will fly more this year with them. The app is very easy to use and the flight plans are easy to set up. You can actually share the flight plans with your iPad. Remember, this app was created for iPhone and iPads only. Sorry.

I don't think the Mavic FPV has any advantages in Manual mode flight?
I can't seem to find an attitude gauge in the AppStore advertisement?

Before plunking down $$ for this app, I don't have much interest in FPV, but in low altitude orbiting of objects for 3D object creation. Can Mavic FPV control the camera for high res timed photos or at waypoints. ? The samples show video only. The objects would fit a cube 3m on a side up to 5m on a side. So the max altitude might be 5-10m.

Before plunking down $$ for this app, I don't have much interest in FPV, but in low altitude orbiting of objects for 3D object creation. Can Mavic FPV control the camera for high res timed photos or at waypoints. ? The samples show video only. The objects would fit a cube 3m on a side up to 5m on a side. So the max altitude might be 5-10m.
Why don't you use an app which is made for creating 3D objects? (e.g. PIX4Dcapture or GSPro)

Pix4Dmapper is out of our price range. Did not realize the 3Dmapping is available in free Pix4Dcapture and GSPro. Have to see the whole flow here. Tx!

Last edited:
Did not realize the 3Dmapping is available in free Pix4Dcapture and GSPro
PIX4Dmapper is free of charge to capture images with a drone, whereas in GSPro there is a minimal 1-time charge to unlock the POI function (€ 11).

Whatever you do at a later stage to process the images to create a 3D visual or Point Cloud data is up to you. (e.g. PIX4Dmodel, Altizure, Autodesk ReCap or Agisoft Metashape)

Reactions: 7tronics
Someone should state here that tih is an IPHONE ONLY app!
Pix4D is available on both platforms (Android & IOS)
GS Pro is for IOS / iPadOS (This has been for some years now and suits nearly perfect for DJI aircraft)

The other mentioned products are either PC/Windows, Mac/OSX or Cloud based.

All the apps we have tried have a minimum altitude, and the lowest is 9m. We need to get some views under the solar panels which means getting down to 2m to perhaps even 1m.

Mavic FPV allows down to - altitude AGL from POI if on a hill, is simple to setup, and author is very responsive. Camera can be activated at every waypoint.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69