DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic gimbal not responding, overloaded

timotheeferreol

Reactions
Hi,

Recently, the gimbal of my Mavic drone stopped responding for apparently no reason, the drone has only one flight.
Basically the gimbal don't make its little dance at the beginning and do not respond to the joystick.
On my tablet there is a message saying that the gimbal is overloaded, and that I should remove the clamp, but the clamp has already been removed...
here is a video :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(I'm talking in spanish but I does not matter)

Any Idea before I send it to the repair center ? (how much you think it cost to change the gimbal)

20171224_143009_1.jpg

Most would say that its a damaged gimbal ribbon . But even a damaged ribbon will activate one or two of the motors. But as yours had no movement at all on startup its pointing to a faulty gimbal board or connection.

I've just had a look at my own Mavic gimbal (photo attached) and what confuses me about your own gimbal still is the presence of some darkish grey material just behind the gimbal/camera assembly.

Is it that that's jamming the gimbal?

On my Mavic, you can see the whole of the grill behind the gimbal.

Attachments

• DSC_0141.JPG
    DSC_0141.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 51
Thanks for the replies, there is nothing blocking. Unfortunately, I think that it is a problem with the connection indeed....
IMG_2116_1.jpg

Is it possible that you have caught the ribbon cable when putting the clamp on ?? This may have damaged the cable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wiz4rd