DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic gimbal vibration absorbing board

Is there a way to replace entire plate without opening the Mavic? My L Bracket tab broke off. I have the new piece, but I want to avoid taking apart the body as much as I can... Not that I don't feel confident unplugging ribbon cables and such, but... you know

The only way is to open her up and perform the operation, not a big job

The only way is to open her up and perform the operation, not a big job
I was afraid of that... well I've seen a couple of videos on youtube, seems straight forward... I'll try this weekend ...how needed is that tab though? I've flown the mavic a good 10 or so times without it and see no difference on the video output that I can tell anyway

I was afraid of that... well I've seen a couple of videos on youtube, seems straight forward... I'll try this weekend ...how needed is that tab though? I've flown the mavic a good 10 or so times without it and see no difference on the video output that I can tell anyway

I think it is needed to keep the gimbal from over setting itself, I have recently installed a new board in my Mavic with the new L bracket, all good now, personally I would not fly if that L bracket was broken, in fact I have just ordered a spare from ThunderDrones, hope that I never need to use it.

Is there a way to replace entire plate without opening the Mavic? My L Bracket tab broke off. I have the new piece, but I want to avoid taking apart the body as much as I can... Not that I don't feel confident unplugging ribbon cables and such, but... you know

Nope :(

hello out there, i'm new here. i crach my mavic and broken the l bracket.so i got moter overload error. the camerra turn all direcktions bud not the right one
so i wonder if i only have to repair the bracket, ore also the ribbon cables. and where i can order them

62827c392edb4bc232b8af2edce20a4f.jpg

That L guard is very weak. Same here :(

Just replace L guard that's all I did not whole board.

so you only did the bracket and not do the ribbon cables , so your problem was going ?

i had to replace the ribbon too, when I got mine open. not too bad if you have a little tech skill. The ribbon had torn on the other side (where the silver wire strand is)

Reactions: VortexSpin
hello out there, i'm new here. i crach my mavic and broken the l bracket.so i got moter overload error. the camerra turn all direcktions bud not the right one
so i wonder if i only have to repair the bracket, ore also the ribbon cables. and where i can order them

Motor overload usually means torn ribbon cable, plus you need to replace the L bracket.

Thunder, do you have access to a CNC machine? Can we have these **** L brackets made with aluminum so they stop breaking? I am willing to be the guinea pig for this.

You don't have the gimbal cover on when it overloads do you? Mine fell out of the L-bracket and would error with the cover on because it was sitting lower and rubbing the gimbal cover trying to move.

Thunder, do you have access to a CNC machine? Can we have these **** L brackets made with aluminum so they stop breaking? I am willing to be the guinea pig for this.

I live close to a place that does custom cnc work. If somebody wants to draw it up I could have it made.

Motor overload usually means torn ribbon cable, plus you need to replace the L bracket.
thx,actualy i was planing to do that because its open so i beter replase it at one time.
can you tell me where best to order

If you make L bracket stronger, it could make something more expensive break instead.

Reactions: EsiMavic
I crashed my Mavic into a tree and the little piece the gimbal screws into broke off... I removed the plate and unscrewed the little thing and am attempting to glue it together... can it be re-installed without disassembling the drone? I also ordered a spare OEM part off amazon in case I can't glue it back together.

in removing the plate, I broke one of the rubbers... can they be replaced? where do I get them?

also: how does all of this play with warranty and DJI Care? at what point are they void? if this is a simple repair I can do myself without pissing them off, I'd like to do that and avoid sending the entire drone in :(

I have one for $9 shipped USA Paypal. Will include the 2 screws. Next day shipping.
hey mate. just wondering if you have another one of those L guard? badly need it right now. or if you could suggest somewhere that I can purchase i from? thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming