DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic great for stills

Golfnut

Reactions
So much talk about taking videos with the Mavic. I totally agree how great it is for that. However, I have started taking more stills. One of the benefits I find is the ability to easily email photos to family and friends. Videos are great but you're in to Dropbox or other large file transfer methods and long downloads. Stills can also be more readily enhanced with Photoshop and limited skills with that type of software. I have attached a picture I took for a friend of his family farm, which they are going to sell after a death in the family. It was so easy to distribute the photo to the family, many of whom will print and frame it so it can be enjoyed.farm1-2.jpg

So much talk about taking videos with the Mavic. I totally agree how great it is for that. However, I have started taking more stills. One of the benefits I find is the ability to easily email photos to family and friends. Videos are great but you're in to Dropbox or other large file transfer methods and long downloads. Stills can also be more readily enhanced with Photoshop and limited skills with that type of software. I have attached a picture I took for a friend of his family farm, which they are going to sell after a death in the family. It was so easy to distribute the photo to the family, many of whom will print and frame it so it can be enjoyed.View attachment 21745
Nice picture, how is the fishing in that pond?

The old guy who passed away dug that pond by himself many years ago. One of the reasons the family wanted it in the picture.

It's a nice scene but there's a lot of noise and artefacts especially further back in frame where colours go funky too.
It would work a lot better if you could get some sunshine on it.
The camera limitations are more evident in lower light,but you can get some very pleasing results.

Nice. I plan, but have not yet, to get some good portrait oriented stills that can be stitched together later for an even bigger / higher resolution panorama. Just a thought to share if you haven't had it already.

Thanks 4WD for the feedback. I'm pretty new at Photoshop. Any recommendations on removing some of the issues you see? I know it is contrasty and saturated but the "customer" likes that.

Ha Golfnut, like OP mentioned; nice picture but quite noisey. If you set the camera to record both jpeg and raw, then you can open the raw file with adobe camera raw (a module in photoshop). Here you can edit a lot, and also reduce noise. Just play around with it and develop your own workflow. Lots of youtube help on this subject as well.

Thanks JoostGT3. I have Elements so I'll look for module you mentioned. I am shooting in RAW and have seen the noise reduction area. I will need to play with it more because it seems to make the picture too soft of you overdo it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard