DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Heat Issues?

The fan was not running as usual... usually I hear it very strong.
Yes the cover was removed and the ambient temperature was around 21
it stopped twice.
I finally upgrade it outside where the temperature is 10C ... to finish it completely.

What a mess.
I was just returned my drone at the beginning of February...
if there is something to do without having to send it back.....

I don't know what will be the behavior this summer, when we can reach easily 35/40 degrees...
So yes the heat is definitively an issue, the price to pay for the small size.

We will see how will react DJI.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Same issue here, heating a lot while upgrading the firmware.
The bird powered off by itself after some minutes... not even letting time to upgrade correctly.
Does it mean we have to upgrade it outside?
This is definitively an issue :(

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
make sure ure fan runnig ,the fan beside camera ,if it dosent work u should return ure drone for warranty ,if u want to update it and its very hot u can put in on some fans like laptop cooler then it can be update

Not a drone expert but if you were to take the hood off your desk top computer at home within mins. you can cook an egg on the cpu of most any modern computer even with all the cooling fins and fans running.

It's amazing just how hot a cpu can get and the mavic has several so personally I wouldn't worry about it.

Now if a battery is getting really hot then yah I'd be worried with all the battery issues these days.

sorry obviously didn't read everything thoroughly didn't see where it was shutting down that is an issue but again since it has all these cpu's and no large cooling fins then I can see without the rotors going the drone getting very hot but not shutting down that very well might be a slight design flaw.

The video transmitter will be the part generating the most heat and what needs the fan . My racing drones only have a 600mw SD transmitter and it's advised never to let it just sit for too long without flying . Those get so hot you can't hold them if they just sit still and I'm sure the one in the Mavic that has 4 mile range in HD really puts out some heat .

Greetings fellow Mavic pilots. I am having the same issue with core board overheated. I never get time to make many adjustments within the app. From what I've gathered, I guess I'd better get on the horn with DJI service, eh?

Reactions: moustic
make sure ure fan runnig ,the fan beside camera ,if it dosent work u should return ure drone for warranty ,if u want to update it and its very hot u can put in on some fans like laptop cooler then it can be update

I finally use a spare fan I had. This does the job well.
While flying or hovering the bird is receiving enough air to be cooled enough, so, up to now this is not a blocking point.

How many of you that are having this issue with overheat are sitting the drone down on a couch, or on your leg, or on books/magazines where the bottom heat sink is touching that item?
I ask because this overheat, although I never experienced it as an error, I did feel the extremely hot mavic and wondered why. The vent that is behind the gimbal cover should be off, and there are vents at the rear of the mavic pushing out hot air. If you know this you failed. There is one other spot the mavic puts out the most air, and that is on the bottom. It is not the heat sink. It is the AIR that gets blown out of the BOTTOM near the front. So if you have it sitting on something, that air doesn't get out as fast, some does through the heat sink gaps, but majority cannot move.

If you flip the Mavic over and look near the front of the heatsink, you will see holes that go into the body in between the heatsink fins.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe