DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic in law enforcement!

It will be crashed by the 3rd time they fly it ,lol

Reactions: flyinlow
And to think that companies were selling drones to law enforcement for 20-40k a few years ago.

Reactions: Rbruz
We (federal law enforcement) have one. I'm the pilot in command for the UAS program. We have several including 3 Mavics a P4 and I've talked them into purchasing an Inspire 2 for search and rescue... I have never had a reportable incident while using them or supervising their use. We aren't as far behind as you think.

We (federal law enforcement) have one. I'm the pilot in command for the UAS program. We have several including 3 Mavics a P4 and I've talked them into purchasing an Inspire 2 for search and rescue... I have never had a reportable incident while using them or supervising their use. We aren't as far behind as you think.

Have you thought about getting an Yuneec Typhoon H with a thermal camera? Might be cheaper option for searching in the woods or during the night than using a real helicopter.

Have you thought about getting an Yuneec Typhoon H with a thermal camera? Might be cheaper option for searching in the woods or during the night than using a real helicopter.
DJI is hands down a better drone than any Yuneec product. I wish I would have known more about drones when I purchased the Q500 4k. I never would have went with it. There is no equal to DO that I have seen this far.

DJI is hands down a better drone than any Yuneec product. I wish I would have known more about drones when I purchased the Q500 4k. I never would have went with it. There is no equal to DO that I have seen this far.
I don't have any experience with Yuneec drones. I was going to buy a Typhoon H because of it's possibilities with flir, removable gimbal+camera (to put it on a handle) and I think their remote has some nice features. However I bought myself a Mavic mostly due to it's portability. Haven't regretted. I only suggested Yuneec because of it's flir capabilities :)

I dont understand the question.
Why wouldn't they be using them?
It was a sarcastic response to those who keep insisting that they are just "toys".
In all actuality they can and should be used, for the reasons stated in my original sentence.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I am in Law Enforcement and we have a Mavic. The Mavic is used as a practice drone and other applications. We have an Inspire with a flir camera for search and rescue.

I don't have any experience with Yuneec drones. I was going to buy a Typhoon H because of it's possibilities with flir, removable gimbal+camera (to put it on a handle) and I think their remote has some nice features. However I bought myself a Mavic mostly due to it's portability. Haven't regretted. I only suggested Yuneec because of it's flir capabilities :)
Oh I hear ya. I have just had issues with the yuneec q500+ and the q500 4k. When I get the part 107, I'm starting out with the mavic(already have it) and do lil odd job and work my way up to the inspire 2.

I am in Law Enforcement and we have a Mavic. The Mavic is used as a practice drone and other applications. We have an Inspire with a flir camera for search and rescue.
Thats awesome! I think it has tremendous potential .. i talked to a fire cheif who was using a Mavic as a POC and they were able to speed up unfortunate location services from hours to minutes. You just see things differently from the sky and in areas you cant always safely get to on foot. Technology is great

Reactions: Rbruz and Five-O
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian