DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Incidents

Not bad. Only a handful of incidents considering DJI has 'sold' over a million units =)

True. And even if I guess the current firmware is pretty good, now that the masses start "beta testing" we can hope that the one-in-a-thousand or so occasional glitches will be found and corrected in new firmware as soon as possible.
Glad I am not an early adopter, glad there are many that are willing to be! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

True. And even if I guess the current firmware is pretty good, now that the masses start "beta testing" we can hope that the one-in-a-thousand or so occasional glitches will be found and corrected in new firmware as soon as possible.
Glad I am not an early adopter, glad there are many that are willing to be! [emoji16]

No problem. I'm having a blast beta testing. I love arriving in the future before everyone else. [emoji1]

Reactions: AgentBB007
iJustine flew the P4 due to high winds????? But everyone says the Mavic handles high winds better than the P4. So how does this make sense?

And if you look at iJustine's P4 video, the winds were calm.
Because she had to give it back to DJI

A lot of reviewers do not actually get to keep them - they have them for a few days, hand them back to DJI and then the unit gets shipped out to another reviewer

If I crashed due to pilot error and wanted to learn more about how I could improve my flight skills and become a much better pilot then why on earth not ask for help from people much more experienced and knowledgeable than I? Is'nt that part of what this forum and the drone community is about or should be about?

Too often people hide behind this facade of being all knowing or having a width and breadth of abilities that they just clearly do not possess.

Sure there are going to be judgmental people that may choose to take the opportunity to point out ones shortcomings , but thats with just about anything and everything we do in life. I feel it is important to keep this simple perspective - This is the Internet and we are participating on a screen that has words.

If someone posts that I was stupid or an idiot for something that I screwed up trust me I will more often than not agree with them and still sleep very well. :)

Casey just "owns" it when he does something stupid and moves on.
Dude .. I think your making the mistake in thinking that she is a drone enthusiast that is concerned about all the things you have pointed out.
She was given a sample to test out, post on her very popular video blogs, and gain some very cheap media attention. She isn't one of us that has pre ordered, watched every video clip, read all the forums and are general drone geeks.

But ok, say hers crashed from some DJI fault, by your logic, why wouldn't she share this information???

Casey is an interesting character, but a total idiot and not good for our hobby/business.... if you are following him, please unfollow... I refuse to watch any more of his videos (I only watched one to see he was an idiot).

So rude.... he's a entertainer. Just like most entertainers he's going for laughs and follows.

I think he does a good job being informative, funny and techie!

I swear I used to not watch, and I watched his first couple P4 videos, now I watch everyday.

His daughter Francine, his sons name is Owen.... etc. maybe I watch too much.

But how many have actually shipped? ;)

That is one way to reduce pilot AND non-pilot errors. No matter what i do, I have not been able to crash my mavic yet.....Haven't actually received it either, but that is just a minor detail :eek:

Here's another incident...i think happened about a week ago:

• Casey flew his behind something and lost signal, operator error = not Mavic problem

Shouldn't the Mavic do a RTH when losing signal?
I think there happened the same problem as the last guy in had. Mavic is uncontrollable, doesn't do a proper RTH, flies backwards and does arching movements while not touching remote.

Casey is an interesting character, but a total idiot and not good for our hobby/business.... if you are following him, please unfollow... I refuse to watch any more of his videos (I only watched one to see he was an idiot).

But that's the point.. newer drones are being made more and more idiot proof.. else there be no gps , obstacle avoidance as not everyone is a perfect flier. They want to attract the non hobbiest too else it will be a very niche market

Shouldn't the Mavic do a RTH when losing signal?
I think there happened the same problem as the last guy in had. Mavic is uncontrollable, doesn't do a proper RTH, flies backwards and does arching movements while not touching remote.
Are you being serious? It probably did try to fly home, right into building where it probably hovered till it ran out of juice and landed.

You can't expect it to RTH with obstacles like skyscrapers in its way.

Exactly! One needs to set the RTH altitude to a suitable height based on the tallest obstacle or obstacles that may be encountered on the return trip.
I always buffer this with an increase of 50 feet as a safety margin.

Since in Casey situation it appears that the tallest obstacle was a huge skyscraper then there was very little possibility of the Mavic ascending to a height to go over the skyscraper and return to its home point.

Dude .. I think your making the mistake in thinking that she is a drone enthusiast that is concerned about all the things you have pointed out.
She was given a sample to test out, post on her very popular video blogs, and gain some very cheap media attention. She isn't one of us that has pre ordered, watched every video clip, read all the forums and are general drone geeks.

But ok, say hers crashed from some DJI fault, by your logic, why wouldn't she share this information???

Great point I forgot about the "bimbo factor".

Are you being serious? It probably did try to fly home, right into building where it probably hovered till it ran out of juice and landed.

You can't expect it to RTH with obstacles like skyscrapers in its way.
No what happens when you set it to avoid obstacles by ascending? Will it keep trying to get climb no matter how high the building is?

Interesting that in this hover test going into low battery/RTH prompted the Mavic to raise instead of land as the manual indicated o_O

It's already been suggested that he sent to DJI for verification, not sure if this has been covered yet

But that's the point.. newer drones are being made more and more idiot proof.. else there be no gps , obstacle avoidance as not everyone is a perfect flier. They want to attract the non hobbiest too else it will be a very niche market

I get it.... and I think it will cause a lot of problems.... as we are seeing from the very first few. One of my concerns is the manual control they (DJI) is and may take away from a skilled pilot.

Interesting that in this hover test going into low battery/RTH prompted the Mavic to raise instead of land as the manual indicated o_O

It's already been suggested that he sent to DJI for verification, not sure if this has been covered yet

It probably did exactly as it was programmed to do after RTH was activated - climb to RTH altitude and proceed to home point.

• Casey flew his behind something and lost signal, operator error = not Mavic problem
  • iJustine flew the P4 due to high winds = not Mavic problem
  • The last guy there are to many variables to know what happened = Possible Mavic problem

re: lost signal - why didn't his Mavic return to home?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag