DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Incidents

From the manual:

If RTH, including Smart RTH and low Battery RTH, is triggered…

2. If the aircraft’s current altitude is lower than 32 feet (10 Metres), the aircraft will first automatically ascent to 32 feet (10 Metres), from the current altitude.

Reactions: DesJardins
From the manual:

If RTH, including Smart RTH and low Battery RTH, is triggered…

2. If the aircraft’s current altitude is lower than 32 feet (10 Metres), the aircraft will first automatically ascent to 32 feet (10 Metres), from the current altitude.

Thanks, just saw that a minute ago.
Reading the small PDF manual on my phone has proven to beat me

Here's another incident...i think happened about a week ago:

I can only imagine the wifi congestion where he is flying. Certainly not a place a would be testing a new drone

Are you reading these forums before posting?

This has already been answered and explained numerous times

To be fair not everyone has the ability to spend all day on forums or might be new to ALL of this...

These are the responses that remind me of entitled people sitting behind the keyboard with knowledge they are unwilling to share. Either share your vast knowledge or move along and let somebody who doesn't mind helping others out respond

Last edited:
Reactions: ___
We can attribute all of these to pilot errors - and assume the Mavic came perfect straight off the line, or we can assume that like any new product, there are first release bugs that will be worked out in the first few months it is out in the wild. That is the reason I am waiting on my purchase. We are already seeing discounts - yesterday for an hour or so it was discounted down to $779 with controller at wellbots till they sold out. Personally, I wait for the "bleeding edge" to soften a bit before buying new tech and appreciate the reviews from you brave first adopters here ...

Are you being serious? It probably did try to fly home, right into building where it probably hovered till it ran out of juice and landed.
You can't expect it to RTH with obstacles like skyscrapers in its way.
Are you being serious? According to the manual, RTH should avoid obstacles when VSS is on. And I don't think that Casey turned it off.
upload_2016-10-29_19-36-56.png

Of course I absolutely don't know what happened to it, since he didn't gave us any information what exactly was going on. But in the best case, the Mavic is able to and should come back home, even if there is an obstacle (building) in front of it.

Are you being serious? According to the manual, RTH should avoid obstacles when VSS is on. And I don't think that Casey turned it off.
View attachment 603

Of course I absolutely don't know what happened to it, since he didn't gave us any information what exactly was going on. But in the best case, the Mavic is able to and should come back home, even if there is an obstacle (building) in front of it.
I would be interested in knowing how high it would actually go to avoid a building, 50 stories, 60? Either way, I wouldn't expect it to return home in an urban jungle.

Reactions: kmaluo
I would be interested in knowing how high it would actually go to avoid a building, 50 stories, 60? Either way, I wouldn't expect it to return home in an urban jungle.
Yes, I would neither. But technically it should be possible to.
I think the avoidance would go up to the maximum height of 500m. But not sure.

The question is : Which would take precedence in the situation?

Does the RTH Max Altitude setting within the DJI Go App take priority when ascending to avoid the obstacle or

Does Obstacle Avoidance allow the Mavic to continue ascending to the Overall Max Altitude set within the DJI Go App and then add 16 feet to that in order to get over the obstacle.

Reactions: kmaluo
re: lost signal - why didn't his Mavic return to home?
because if he failed to input the proper RHT (return to Home) altitude it may have ran into (or just stopped and hovered in front of) a building or whatever until the battery died. I wonder if he even had it registered... if he did, and it came down in the City there would be a way to track it as being his...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas