DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Inventory Issues

plrogers1126

Reactions
Does anyone else think the supply of Mavic is intentionally suppressed? My theory is that if Mavic were readily available they would have to so deeply discount the remaining stock of p3 and p4 they would either lose tons of money or never sell through that inventory. Just a theory.......

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Somehow I dont think that DJI really thinks that deeply about it. They are a company full of forward thinking marketers and engineers. Their Achilles heel is in the back office, admin, production, customer fulfillment, and customer satisfaction.

I think DJI got caught with their pants down, announced the Mav too early, took peoples money for months, and are now only starting to get caught up nearly 5 months later.

And I dont expect DJI to 'deeply" discount anything. They discontinue before they discount.

It was rushed to the market and caught high demand.
Not the first time this has happened to a product and won't be the last.
I'm sure "pissing people off by creating supply and backlog issues" was not part of the sales and marketing strategy.

It was rushed to the market and caught high demand.
Not the first time this has happened to a product and won't be the last.
I'm sure "pissing people off by creating supply and backlog issues" was not part of the sales and marketing strategy.

I agree that "pissing people off by creating supply and backlog issues" was not part of the sales and marketing strategy." Just not caring about releasing it too soon and letting the back office worry about the fallout was more likely what happened. It happened with the Phantom series as well, horrible tech support, delayed repairs, no answer at customer service or tech support for weeks and months.

Being truthful, being prompt, investing more money into their infrastructure instead of forging ahead with marketing new products was not part part of their sales and marketing strategy either. Finally the cue online and on the phones are down to 30 or less people, sometimes less. But their repair and replacement department still lags behind that by far.

Ive been in RC for a very long time, and DJI, as good as their products are and continue to be, is the worst company I have ever dealt with in terms of product support, product repair, integrity, honor and honesty, support, parts availability and greed. Oh, I forgot to mention disorganization. It's a billion dollar company being run worse than a mom and pop shop.

Last edited:
Reactions: skypros and terryd
I'm not suggesting that was the original strategy, simply opining that there has been more than enough time to catch up but the supply still seems limited. That part seems deliberate.

I'm not suggesting that was the original strategy, simply opining that there has been more than enough time to catch up but the supply still seems limited. That part seems deliberate.

Yes you would think that they have had enough time to catch up, but still not the case. But, lately, there have been scattered reports that they are now shipping sooner, in "3-5 business days" for their website customers. Bigger profits for them instead of getting them out to the retailers and having to sell to them at a discount Thats what I meant by greed. They are taking new orders from their online individual customers, but only trickling inventory into their mass distributors such as New Egg, BB, etc. I've said it before and will say it again, they probably run around that place with their hair on fire.

The morons on Chat are simply beyond belief.

And they offer you two different departments of morons. One department tells you that they are not sure when your order will ship and the other one tells you to send the drone in for service because they dont know whats wrong with it. They could have gotten by with a simple voicemail system that says, "If you have not yet received your order, please just wait patiently (they like to use that word alot) until it arrives. It should be there after processing for 3-5 days, and then preparing it to ship for 3-5 days, and then transit time 3-5 days. But also remember about the 2 week Chinese New Year, the holiday rush, and shortage of supplies. So really, we dont know when your drone will ship but thank you for your patience (that word again)"

Most of the tech service people at DJI are just bodies with a script and standard answers. Their default answer if they cant help you is to send the drone in.

For tech support, they need some people like they have at companies like Dronenerds, when you call with a question, they actually know more than you do. But I guess that would cost DJI money in labor, and they wont invest in that. What gets my goat is that THEY ARE THE MANUFACTURER! I can understand if you went in to Best Buy and said my drone is not working, I would expect a shrug of the shoulders, but from the company that makes them? I would expect an experienced tech and I have yet to find one who knows more than I do.

Time to take my medicine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gebert94403