DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic is behaving badly.

JJstar

Reactions
My Mavic has been doing some peculiar things during flights that are putting me into a panic. The last 2 flights I have have start as normal and after about 5 minutes it starts to behave as though it is in POI mode . It begins to circle, I still have stick control but the moment I try to hover it will still radius . RTH will not stop the circular cycle either. Luckily, I was able to restart the app and the drone comes back under full control. Anybody else see this before ?

It sounds like a device issue if restarting the app resolves the problem. Maybe delete the app completely and reinstall it?

Double check the motors are spinning freely as well and you don't have any damaged props.

Go4 was acting wierd so I uninstalled, reinstalled and now at 20' agl it's blinking red in the back and won't go higher, then in a few minutes it'll go up unrestricted....
Maybe not the same issue but for a few days now all three of my DJI aircraft have been a bit hinky

My Mavic has been doing some peculiar things during flights that are putting me into a panic. The last 2 flights I have have start as normal and after about 5 minutes it starts to behave as though it is in POI mode . It begins to circle, I still have stick control but the moment I try to hover it will still radius . RTH will not stop the circular cycle either. Luckily, I was able to restart the app and the drone comes back under full control. Anybody else see this before ?
Go4 was acting wierd so I uninstalled, reinstalled and now at 20' agl it's blinking red in the back and won't go higher, then in a few minutes it'll go up unrestricted....
Maybe not the same issue but for a few days now all three of my DJI aircraft have been a bit hinky
As always, the doctor needs to investigate recorded flight data to get an idea what the actual problem is.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record (it's a .txt file) from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

If you are using the same device to run Go4 on for all three aircraft I’d guess that something on that device is the problem rather than the aircraft.

Restarting the app removes the symptoms motors and props cause? New one on me.
the app will not!! cause this it's either the rc needs cal or the ac does!!!I'd do both before anymore flights..

I have read of this problem fixed using CFixer to demagnetize the compasses.

Sounds like compasses not in sync with each other and the drone is " toilet bowling" i,e flying in circles trying to marry up the two compasses. Probably magnetic interference or compass needs calibrated.

Reactions: JJstar and Chip
Sounds like compasses not in sync with each other and the drone is " toilet bowling" i,e flying in circles trying to marry up the two compasses. Probably magnetic interference or compass needs calibrated.

Yes I had same problem and got same diagnosis which was solved with compass calibration.

Reactions: JJstar
As always, the doctor needs to investigate recorded flight data to get an idea what the actual problem is.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record (it's a .txt file) from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

So I figured out the "max attitude reached" at 15-20' up. Apparently the Spark won't exceed VPS height when it doesn't have GPS. --Found that by searching on these forums.
Regardless my Go4 App definitely isn't working great since I uninstalled and reinstalled, it's freezing and crashing...

I had the same problem once. I could not get it to hover. It was because I took off close to metal. Are you taking off where there is metal? Metal roof? Concrete (metal rebar in concrete)? Metal nails on a deck maybe?

I think you are on to something here as I looked through the flight record and in did have a compass error that I swear I did not have during the flight. Unless in my frantic struggle the keep it from circling I cleared it and just didn’t realize at the time what the error message was. I have posted a link. DJI GO:/documents/ExportFlightRecords/Export_CSV _ 2018-11-18_[10-07-46].csv Trouble starts at 6:38

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22