DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Joystick protection free!!!

Mine definitely do not pop out.
And even if they did I wouldn't.
It's just another small part that can get lost. Not worth it.

Buy a hard shell case and relax. Controller and bird nestled nicely in high density foam. Wouldn't want an accident where things get broke without even flying.

Mine definitely do not pop out.
And even if they did I wouldn't.
It's just another small part that can get lost. Not worth it.

mine too...maybe im not pulling hard enough but yeah. id rather not risk it.

OP, nice thinking with the stick protection. if i havent ordered the plastic ones i would have done this definitely.

I went with the cardboard cutout after one of the 3D printed stick guards with a screen protector popped off my 5D button. Luckily I found it in my bag, but just a heads up if you choose that style of stick+screen guard.

mine too...maybe im not pulling hard enough but yeah. id rather not risk it.

OP, nice thinking with the stick protection. if i havent ordered the plastic ones i would have done this definitely.

I leaver the stick out between my finger & thumb, a sort of prizing action to separate the stick from the ball. Sounds rude but it works for me.

I too didn't believe it at first. Still not sure I want to do it on a regular basis but might take them out before taking the kit on a long journey or aeroplane.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: beejAMG
nice idea :) thank you for sharing [emoji111]️[emoji111]️[emoji111]️

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

I leaver the stick out between my finger & thumb, a sort of prizing action to separate the stick from the ball. Sounds rude but it works for me.

I too didn't believe it at first. Still not sure I want to do it on a regular basis but might take them out before taking the kit on a long journey or aeroplane.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
thats exactly what i was trying to do but decided not to force it.
i saw the video and seems like theres no indents whatsoever on the stick which (imho) suggest that it "shouldnt" be removed.

but youre right, might be a good thing on a long (airplane) flight.
i just received the plastic lock for the stick yesterday and seems like its useless without a strap coz the thing moves out of place easily. i saw a plastic stick lock from ebay with a built in strap but it was from China and takes ages to get to me. so for now, ill use the stick with prolly a rubber band or a velcro strap.

Is there anything in the manual that refers to removable joysticks? I only read it once but quite thoroughly. I may have missed it.
Or has there been any word from any DJI reps that confirms it.
I don't do it just because it's something else to lose.

Reactions: Jaysjob
****:mad:.. already ordered stick protectors, but since they are coming from China it may be awhile:rolleyes:. I guess I will try this as well...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d