DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Joystick wont re-calibrate

Pip Whitehead

Reactions
After 8 hours perfect flying my Mavic RC right joystick has a problem. Even though physically central, on the calibration screen it is showing at 5 o'clock and will not re-calibrate. Is there a re-set I can do on the RC? The drone cannot be flown in this condition as it drifts off on its own. I have re-booted the software etc to no avail. Please help me out!

After 8 hours perfect flying my Mavic RC right joystick has a problem. Even though physically central, on the calibration screen it is showing at 5 o'clock and will not re-calibrate. Is there a re-set I can do on the RC? The drone cannot be flown in this condition as it drifts off on its own. I have re-booted the software etc to no avail. Please help me out!
Howdy Pip Whitehead, some people have reported luck running a strong magnet around the outside of the controller (the joysticks uses the Hall effect.)

@Pip Whitehead, if your Mavic remote controller was near any strong magnets, then what @Bunny Too mentioned above might resolve the issue.

If you're sure the remote controller was not near any strong magnets, then try installing the latest firmware. If you're already running the latest firmware, then try reinstalling the remote controller firmware using the DJI Assistant. If needed, you can download the DJI Assistant application from the Mavic downloads page.

Last edited:
Than
@Pip Whitehead, if your Mavic remote controller was near any strong magnets, then what @Bunny Too mentioned above might resolve the issue.

If you're sure the remote controller was not near any strong magnets, then try installing the latest firmware. If you're already running the latest firmware, then try reinstalling the remote controller firmware using the DJI GO Assistant. If needed, you can download the DJI Assistant application from the Mavic downloads page.

Thanks Mike - I have installed DJI Go 4.0 is that what you are referring to?

I was referring to the DJI Assistant application. You can use it to install (or reinstall) the firmware on the Mavic remote controller like this:

Follow the instructions in the video above.

Howdy Pip Whitehead, some people have reported luck running a strong magnet around the outside of the controller (the joysticks uses the Hall effect.)
Thanks - didn't work. I'm buyin g a new controller: DJI said it was over 14 days old and out of warranty!!!!! I bought it end April...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000