DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic keeps disconnecting

RckSti

Reactions
Hey all. So my mavic kept disconnecting and I found the problem to be the wire that goes from the phone to the controller.
QUESTION: should I get the DJI replacement or is the an aftermarket solution. I tried to google it but nothing solid came up.
Any ideas?
Thanks for the help.

Hey all. So my mavic kept disconnecting and I found the problem to be the wire that goes from the phone to the controller.
QUESTION: should I get the DJI replacement or is the an aftermarket solution. I tried to google it but nothing solid came up.
Any ideas?
Thanks for the help.

Buy a regular USB to <your device> and plug it in on the bottom of the controller. It's a far better connection than the DJI cable connection anyway.

Like this:
DJI-Mavic-pro-remote-controller-usb-port.jpg

Last edited:
Any ideas?
Thanks for the help.

I had the same problem with the app saying disconnected, dji go 4 and litchi too, then it would be better if I switched the phone to airplane mode, and then lastly I bought a new micro usb to lightning cable that goes from the side to the phone, and it seems to have fixed the disconnect issues. I have not gotten any disconnect in the last two days, before I would get a disconnect everytime, hope it helps, i bought an oem cable, i tried to find an alternative cable but could not find one here in south africa

Having this issue also. I will make sure the connection is firm when using the DJI line to my android. I did try a data cable to my phone in preparation for using litchi in goggles so I will see if it solves the problem.

Thanks everyone,

Cloud Walker

I also am having this issue, and have tried using a different USB-C cable, one that I use (a high speed charging cord) to charge my phone, and also a new stock replacement cord direct from DJI, and I'm still having the disconnect issues. Furthermore, not only is my phone app disconnecting, but also my RC is disconnecting from the drone, causing me to lose all control of the drone (fortunately it returns to the home point automatically). I am currently using a Samsung S9+ smartphone, and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI GO 4 app, but still to no avail. I don't recall having this problem with my older Motorola Droid Turbo phone and am wondering if it is a compatibility issue with Samsung? The strange thing is that sometimes the drone flies perfectly without any issues, and other times I get a disconnect within 2 minutes of flying. I'm so stumped by this problem.....

Ya I have same exact problem and trying to figure out. Can't be a samsSam thing cause I'm connected to LG v30 usb c ,, maybe usb c related??

I had that issue before with my phone - using a dedicated device (ipad mini 4, or samsung 7" tablet) fixed all those issues for me.

I also had to go through a ton of research and trial-and-error with cables. One company on Amazon sent me like 3 or 4 replacements, until I realized its just not going to work with that cable.

I finally found and stuck with a handful of cables that I keep in my drone case. Many of the cheap(ish) chinese ones on Amazon are not sufficient to keep Apple devices connected steadily

It shouldn't be any compatibility issue with Samsung. I also had this issue with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge last year. But a newly factory-reset S7 Edge, Galaxy S8+, and 7" Galaxy tablet all proved to work fine with no issues

Last edited:
But as you see in video it's not the phone is the controller. I also have a fresh note 8 I can test as well. What's your logic in thinking is the phone when it required a controller reset?

But as you see in video it's not the phone is the controller. I also have a fresh note 8 I can test as well. What's your logic in thinking is the phone when it required a controller reset?

Sorry I meant to be responding more to original poster. Don't see any videos just a picture or two.

Logic is that many/most connectivity issues are caused by device or cable. This is based on much experience of myself and others, and trial and error

Never had issues with DJI's cables, but I do use the bottom USB connector 100% of the time due to the fact I use a tablet.

Not sure what you mean by "reset controller" - factory reset? that shouldn't ever be necessary unless an update or something bungled up the firmware.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661