DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Landing Extender: Ugly

bimmer7

Reactions
Could anyone point me in the direction of landing gear extender for the Mavic Pro that does not make the Mavic look like a large mosquito? I have the ones that are spring loaded, and they are an eyesore on a drone. On the topic of design, I hope the next drone looks a lot better than the current Mavic Pro.

DJI really needs to hire more talented designers to design a sportier, slicker looking drone and can be customized with accessories. I feel like we are in the 1910s with automobile design.

Check on Amazon. They offer several for sale.

I checked all mavic extenders in Amazon and all of them are ugly. What I have now is a nice and comfortable landing pad and I don't need extenders. The mavic land on the pad very nicely and clean.

I checked all mavic extenders in Amazon and all of them are ugly. What I have now is a nice and comfortable landing pad and I don't need extenders. The mavic land on the pad very nicely and clean.
Either that or hand launch and catch. Most extenders are not extending enough unless used on regularly mowed grass. Quite useless in rough rural terrain.

edit: even for my Inspire1 which is not easy to hand launch and catch, I need a take off/landing pad, even while it sits very high above the ground in landing mode.

Reactions: macoman
The silicone extenders are $1.82. Easy to store, easy to put on, don't scratch the legs, light weight, and lift the MP just enough to keep the camera safe. They also offer a little bit of shock protection.

See eBay item number:

I saw some sled like attachment, but it doesn't look good either. Man, I feel like we're flying the Wright brothers plane in 2018. There's just no cool factor. We need a Steve Jobs leader in this industry when it comes to design!

Drone design is likely not as challenging as airplane designs due to lesser aerodynamic constraints. Even helicopters look more attractive than these drones. I think someone can make a drone that could look as cool and still be functional like one of those sc-fi copters in say . . . Aviator. ;)

Could anyone point me in the direction of landing gear extender for the Mavic Pro that does not make the Mavic look like a large mosquito? I have the ones that are spring loaded, and they are an eyesore on a drone. On the topic of design, I hope the next drone looks a lot better than the current Mavic Pro.

DJI really needs to hire more talented designers to design a sportier, slicker looking drone and can be customized with accessories. I feel like we are in the 1910s with automobile design.

Forget the extender. You better hand catch it all the time.

I saw some sled like attachment, but it doesn't look good either. Man, I feel like we're flying the Wright brothers plane in 2018. There's just no cool factor. We need a Steve Jobs leader in this industry when it comes to design!

Drone design is likely not as challenging as airplane designs due to lesser aerodynamic constraints. Even helicopters look more attractive than these drones. I think someone can make a drone that could look as cool and still be functional like one of those sc-fi copters in say . . . Aviator. ;)
Well, when it's up in the air it doesn't matter much. Not more than a tiny spec most of the time. But IMHO the design of the original Mavic Pro is pretty cool as it is. Any aftermarket landing gear extender will spoil its looks. The Inspire1 is the nicest design of them all I think. Like flying dragon, or an eagle, ready to grab its prey. And it will remain cool for many years, not to mention it's one tough and beautiful flying beast.

I agree with you on the Apple designs. Very well thought out and very high quality (most of their designs, not all). I'm typing this on a 2009 Aluminium unibody Macbook Pro that still rocks and looks still very current. They didn't change that much to the overall look in almost 10 years! Because it was so far ahead. Best buy ever.

Similar to the Pcar 911, the original frame and body hasn't changed much in over 40 years. As for the mavic, I can think of many modification that can make this drone look better and be functional. When we fly LOS, it just looks butt ugly. 'Utilitarian, techy, just a don't touch me' drone. I want an attractive, sleek, cool, and aggressive description when you (or others) see it. Not, oh, is that thing going to hurt somebody?

A few examples are redesign the arms so that it can provide a bit of lift in forward flights, integrated attachment for lights or what not, retractable landing gear. re-shape the rear body so that it appears someone thought about its aesthetics, re-design the front so it doesn't look so archaic and raw.

Yes, the Inspire is a good step to thoughts in design. But there's still design intentions missing from all the drones I see on the market. Great opportunity for those entrepreneurs out there. Cars didn't inspire the mass until we put designed fenders and bumpers on them.

Not sure any were designed to be pretty. They were designed to be functional. After all, the Mavic Pro isn't any beauty.

I named my Mavic Pro "Water Skipper". That's what it looks like to me.:)

Reactions: Cuervo
"Could anyone point me in the direction of landing gear extender for the Mavic Pro that does not make the Mavic look like a large mosquito?"

You mean like this?
DSC00632.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000