DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic landing issues after upgrading to firmware 400 from 200

adiru

Reactions
1. Noticed that when testing, I did a takeoff and when it hovers about a feet off the ground, I try to land again. But instead of landing slowly or "pausing a few seconds" at the landing threshold before then commencing its landing, it immediately descends at a rate as if there was nothing underneath it at all, hitting the ground at a fast pace and then bouncing off it and back to the ground and some series of micro-bounces before it finally stops.

Previously, before upgrading to 400 and while on 200, whenever I first liftoff, there is no such thing as lifting off only a few inches from the ground, the Mavic has a mind of its own and does an autotakeoff sequence lifting it at the 3 feet or so "threshold" height.. so even if I immediately demand it to land a moment after takeoff, it will still hover at the 3 feet "threshold" height, and then if I'm still holding down the decrease throttle button, it will commence its landing sequence which at that point the Mavic takes over full control again and comes to a soft smooth landing.Meaning, right after takeoff, it previously ascended to the three feet or so of "landing threshold" no matter what my inputs where, and then ONCE at the threshold, if it detected that I still wanted to land, it would pause there for a few seconds, then commence a landing.... NOT anymore, on the new firmware, if I tell it to land immediately after takeoff, before it can reach the three feet of altitude of the landing threshold, it will not do its "pause", it will not climb to the 3 feet of landing threshold, instead it just descents at a fast pace, hitting the ground as if there was nothing underneath it at all.

2. So I thought wow, okay let me test it normally, so I start from takeoff again, already in GPS mode, and launch this time to a height of 10 feet, hover around and then attempt to land. This time the Mavic descends down to its 3 feet or so of "landing threshold" altitude where it pauses for a few seconds (as it always does, even in 200 firmware) but what happens next is strange, instead of a consistent smooth and slow descent resulting in a gentle landing, it descends MUCH faster, and although it didn't bounce up in the air this time, no doubt it was a very hard landing.... I've landed enough times to know the rate of descent and what a normal landing looks like... it seems for whatever reason after the update to 400 firmware there is a glitch and sometimes it lands very hard, after it already passed and paused at the 3 feet landing threshold.....

Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
Sounds like you have the VPS turned off. I do not have that issue with .400 if VPS is turned on. I also used .200 there was no difference between the two versions when it came to landing.

Rob

Sounds like you have the VPS turned off. I do not have that issue with .400 if VPS is turned on. I also used .200 there was no difference between the two versions when it came to landing.

Rob

After I updated I went into DJI Go 4 app and made sure everything was turned back on..... the thing is that it is intermittent. Sometimes it does it, other times it doesn't. Never had this issue on 200

see vid:

I'm on 0400 and I have never seen this happen.

I'm on 0400 and I have never seen this happen.

Try this, put in on your bed or carpet, takeoff but immediately try to bring it down (max decrease throttle on left stick) the moment it reaches inches in the air, and see if it bounces or not.
I'm curious if it is just my Mavic or a glitch in the firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky