DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic landing?

mandyjr

Reactions
I posted another topic in this matter but I think I did not explain correctly.

So my problem is when I fly and let's say I'm st 300 feet and I want to descend and hold the left stick down for about 3 secs the drone just goes on landing mode and there's no getting out of it. Has anyone encountered this problem?

It sounds like you had VPS enabled and the downward sensors were detecting the ground was near. Were you flying over water when this happened?

The same thing happened to me but it was over water. This was Supports answer to me.

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your patience.
For the incident happened to your drone, we have confirmed it as a warranty case according to our analysis. The analysts advised that you can try to update the aircraft to the latest firmware and test it again. If the problem exist, please send it back for diagnostic and repair service if needed.

mandyjr, can we take a look at your TXT flight log? If that's okay with you, please upload it here and post a link back here.

I recently (after a 5 week ordeal) received a replacement Mavic back from DJI Care Refresh, and the exact same forced auto landing problem has been happening to me.

Neither holding the left stick full up, toggling between sport and GPS modes, nor pressing the pause button will stop the Mavic from landing on its own. Signal strength and battery capacity have both been strong when this has happened.

There had been no warnings shown before this occurred, but yesterday, it went into auto landing at an altitude of 350 feet and the dialogue box popped up that said the "craft has descended to .6 meters...continue to land?"...at 350 feet!

So I determined that this must be a faulty VPS sensor. I flew one more time yesterday with VPS off and I was not able to get the problem to recur.

Customer service says they want me to send it back in for analysis, but after waiting five weeks last time, I'm hoping I can find a solution on my own.

It seems like I'm seeing quite a few posts about this auto landing problem. Is it occurring after updating to the new firmware on a previously problem free Mavic? Or is it only an issue with a batch of newly manufactured Mavics?

I'm going to downgrade and test I'll let you guys know what happened

Anyone find anything on this. My mavic is not doing it anymore idk why it did it

Mine did it. Then it never did it again. Anything white will throw it off as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman