DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic lighting

alopeznj

Reactions
OK, Pilots.
I would like to add lighting to my Mav Pro for low light or night fly. I do not plan on flying in pitch dark but dark sundown.
Can anyone recommend a strobe for the Mav Pro that will not effect flying too much. Or let me know if tis a bad idea.
I was looking that something like this. Can this damage the aircraft or make fling difficult.

@alopeznj ... I too have been using ARC2s or ARC XLs on my drones for at least a year and a half. No failures. At dusk they can be seen at up to 3.5 miles depending on color (white is best for visualization) and orientation of the M2P. See examples of the ARC XLs below... notice the ground even in daylight.

OK, Pilots.
I would like to add lighting to my Mav Pro for low light or night fly. I do not plan on flying in pitch dark but dark sundown.
Can anyone recommend a strobe for the Mav Pro that will not effect flying too much. Or let me know if tis a bad idea.
I was looking that something like this. Can this damage the aircraft or make fling difficult.

As others replied with the Firehouse Technology strobes (ARCII or ARC XL) would be great for general night flight, keeping VLOS, and / or telling aircraft orientation (with aircraft nav setup white, green, red).

The oes you posted are more spotlights, which doesn't sound like what you're after, and they would be a lot heavier, wind resistant etc, reducing flight time for no real purpose for you.

The Firehouse site isn't the easiest to find various strobes and packages, kind of split up over 2 different pages (painful) . . .
Look through those a bit, there are a few models that could suit.

If you want simple strobe (brightest white) for VLSO dusk etc, then go for the ARCII, if the extra bright ARC XL appeals with the extra downed drone alarm feature, then that would be a good option, pending room on body, or use the mount.
You may want one front and one rear, or, if you just put one on the rear, you can always turn your drone until it becomes visible (in conjunction with map orientation).

If you want to be able to tell what direction your drone is facing in almost dark conditions, then the nav pack ARCIIs either 3 or 4 storbes, is probably best for lower weight and easier arm mount fixing . . .

Reactions: Gindra
OK, Pilots.

Try ..

I use the Lume cube lighting system for my MP and it works awesome! Here is there website below!

1585830541411.png

I use an Arc 2 and an Arc XL on my M2P. The 2 just fits on the bottom behind the gimbal and the XL sits on top of the battery.
I like these ! most placed sold out. Guess China cannot produce now.
This site is good for you DYI guys while searching for lighting. Grounded today again but I think Ill have a clear for TO tomorrow. Weather wise.
Go up and chop some Corona :)

I think I will go with Firehouse. Thanks Pilots !

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb