DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic lights

airskull

Reactions
I have a mavic air and was wondering where to put Cree navigation lites on top , where the lites don’t mess with camera glares.but I don’t want to block gps. Anybody ???

where the lites don’t mess with camera glares
What makes you think the lights are going to mess with the camera? Most people have them attached to the arms and are able to operate without such trouble.

I have a mavic air and was wondering where to put Cree navigation lites on top , where the lites don’t mess with camera glares.but I don’t want to block gps. Anybody ???
Good question. Find a YouTube video that disassembles the Air for the location of the GPS. On the Mavic Pro this is behind the battery.

Heya for what its worth here's my night nav setup.
custom built package running flytron v2 controllers

Attachments

• 20201101_204930-1.jpg
    20201101_204930-1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • 20201101_204915-1.jpg
    20201101_204915-1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
Heya for what its worth here's my night nav setup.
custom built package running flytron v2 controllers
1. A small piece of Velcro on the top of each battery? Similar on the underside, (I use green on the back of a Mavic Pro).

I have a M2 and a Mini, but I would assume the Air is similar in concept. If I had only one light I'd mount it on the bottom with velcro being sure not to block sensors or vents. While mounting on top may be great for planes and copters to see you from above, it is unlikely, except at night when that would be useful. IMO it is more useful during the day to help you see your drone from below. Consequently a primary strobe should be theoretically mounted on the bottom. My next strobes were red and green to help me identify orientation, when the drone was facing me- or not. I have them mounted on the arms, believe it or not, with elastic bands, but some folks might prefer front and back. That's up to you. My fourth strobe, when I think needed gets mounted on the top laid flat, or as a top "headlight" in a headlight mount. [The headlight mount was modified to hold the strobe with velcro rather than built in as designed. It has since been modified so the strobe sits flush inside.]

One thing about bottom mounted lights is that you may need (and IMO should have) landing gear leg extensions. I find that landing in any length of grass without them turns my drones into weed whackers. The bottom clearance will depend on how much depth the strobe needs. The last image below shows the Arc V without leg extensions. FWIW, the difference between a cree like and Arc II and the Arc V is only 1/8" to accomodate the Arc V housing. I would like to think that the Firehouse Technology Arc V is a brighter/cheaper competitor to the Lume Cube and I probably would have purchased it first.

Arc_mounting.jpg
PGY extenders vs others_v2.jpg

M2P_no-extensions_SM.jpg

Mavic Air 2 with Dual cree strobes of different colors attached on the sides for orientation.

They can remain attached and fit in the case.

IMG_20201101_133124287_HDR.jpgIMG_20201101_133226067_HDR~3.jpg

Fly safe. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123