DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini’s filling up the flyaway topic page.

By clicking on each icon you can setup individual parameters (conditions) for your AC so then you'll se if it is Good To Fly or not for your AC.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
I started using the UAV forecast app every time I am planning a flight but today even if the wind is ok, I still get the not good to fly message. Does it has to do with the temperature or with the fact that there's a heliport nearby?

f92f68fa1d2e5d7a1adb76d3415bdc17.jpg
And watch the Wind Profile as well. A lot of discussion is about the wind conditions. Good pilots know at least basics from meteorology and know the wind speed increases with the altitude and where (what places and conditions) the most.

I started using the UAV forecast app every time I am planning a flight but today even if the wind is ok, I still get the not good to fly message. Does it has to do with the temperature or with the fact that there's a heliport nearby?
That app is telling you that with the the default options, it is not recommended to fly.
And the default values don't all make sense.
But you can change everything in the preferences.
The temperature (RED) is the major factor in the recommendation shown.
Lots of the default values are not really appropriate.
You can completely ignore Kp Index, Cloud Cover and Sats Locked as none of those make any difference to your flying.

** Actual GPS sats do, but the numbers showing in UAV data aren't correct.
Wherever you fly, you'll always have more than enough sats if you are out in the open with a clear sky view.

Last edited:
Reactions: dr_dumi

You can dial in whatever critical values that you want in the app ... push that red temp. square & configure the temp. span you (or the drone spec.) think is correct.
Also be aware that the wind can be taken from different altitudes ... don't use ground wind, you will for sure fly above that.

If only I had the right parameters value, then I guess the only issue would remain the nearby zones (airports, heliports, military zone etc). The temperature should not be an issue, I realised that

Hi,

I have a few flights with my Mini but only in my garden 2 meters high and 10 meters distance max. Enough to learn sticks for coordination for smooth moves. ( By the way, I get some stutters in videos when panning in yaw. I need to yaw very slowly to get smooth video. The phenomenon may be worse as I am filming close to objects).
Anyway, I read this forum since even before I got my Mini and it was very useful. I understood quickly that winds equal danger for the Mini and I am quite afraid to start my first real flight in open field with all those blow away I can read.

I opened a ticket with DJI support regarding how to active DJI Care Refresh after the 48h delay as expired ( I was on vacation when I activated my Mini and the DJI Care refresh code was sent to my home. I thought the code would be sent by email, well...). They are asking to fly the Mini 120 meters high and 200 meters distance but I am not sure I want to do that with the Mini. I am not even sure I can keep VLOS during the process...
What do you think?

Also, reading about blow away, I am wondering if there is a power problem when the batterie get weak ( less than 40%) with lack of available power in such cases?

Best regards,

Pierre

If you go into settings on the app and select “threshold setting” you can set the parameters for each one of the indicators.

Attachments

• 3B84CE6E-0882-40AB-A07A-CB17411D11C6.png
    3B84CE6E-0882-40AB-A07A-CB17411D11C6.png
    792.7 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: dr_dumi
very cold temperature affect the batteries.

Also, reading about blow away, I am wondering if there is a power problem when the batterie get weak ( less than 40%) with lack of available power in such cases?
The only "power problem" is that in P-GPS mode the Mini has half the speed of larger Mavics and Phantoms.
The state of charge of the battery makes no difference to the drone's speed (until it's out of charge).

The only "power problem" is that in P-GPS mode the Mini has half the speed of larger Mavics and Phantoms.
The state of charge of the battery makes no difference to the drone's speed (until it's out of charge).
That's not completely true. As the SoC goes down, it's current capability may also go down, which may force the AC to reduce motor power. Not common, but does occur

Must admit I did join before buying mine and my first aircraft . A lot of reading and knowledge to take in and so far it’s been a rewarding experience.

Same here I joined and read a lot about my Mavic 2 Pro before flying for the first time.
I also got a Tello to practice with at first.

Soooo true.
The wife and I just had dinner with a couple and he has been doing rc car racing for years. He told me he got a drone and when I asked him about it, he knew nothing about registering, FAA rules, absolutely nothing. When I got home I looked it up and it weighs almost two pounds...
I think the biggest problem with this hobby right now is the same as alot of other things currently, lack of EDUCATION!
At the drop of a hat and totally unrelated to the topic there are always those that start complaining about new users and failure to follow the rules.
Please give it a rest and stay on topic.

At the drop of a hat and totally unrelated to the topic there are always those that start complaining about new users and failure to follow the rules.
Please give it a rest and stay on topic.
???????????

I found today 2 local clasifieds in our local country (Romania) of folks who lost the aircraft as it did flyaway and was also beyond visual line of sight. I assume that these folks never heard of this forum, or how to fly with caution.

Or translated into plain English, flyaway caused by user error.

I joined in here fully expecting to be a dron owner in several weeks. I still don't own one. Honestly not sure I want to. I'm just a guy who wants to fly for fun, take some movies while cruising on a boat. Not ever going to earn $1 or be competitive, etc. In between trying to understand the laws, changing laws, where can I fly, where can't I fly, no fly zones everytime Trump comes to Florida, it has taken a lot of the anticipated fun out of it. Just not sure it is worth the hassle. For me at least, I have other hobbies as well. Just though adding this one on would be relatively easy and fun. Just not sure that's true.

Reactions: Brojon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer