DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini: 2.7K/30fps clips: seeing sub-par quality & "jitter" on a 4K monitor. Please check out this short sample.

Hi, This short clip is straight off my micro-SD card. The foliage (especially noticeable in pine trees) - seems to have a low quality "jitter" or the look of a streamed video that can't buffer at full quality so it's not crisp to the eye. If anyone has any thoughts on why it doesn't look crisp and clean - or suggestions on how to deal with the clips in FCX to make them look better, I'd appreciate any advice. I uploaded the 48mb clip to Google Drive (DJI_0190-TEST.mp4) Thanks! (PS: Finding that the clip isn't loading in a Google page for viewing, but the clip can be downloaded and then opened to watch. If someone has a better way to attach a video file for viewing, please advise for next time...)
Video sample is perfect. No problems at all. Mavic mini records at 40Mpps that is high bitrate for non-moving subjects like landscapes etc

I've had jitter from 1080p video I recorded with my P3 years ago. Upgrading my video card resolved that.

Point being there's lots of video data coming from these quads that can easily overwhelm systems that otherwise play commercial videos just fine.

I've had jitter from 1080p video I recorded with my P3 years ago. Upgrading my video card resolved that.

Point being there's lots of video data coming from these quads that can easily overwhelm systems that otherwise play commercial videos just fine.
I guess I'll need to upgrade soon. Everyone who checked the clip says it looks smooth and clean, but on my laptop & 4K monitor the jitter is still obvious in high detail areas (like slow pans of tree foliage.) I'm just relieved that the clips are cleaner than what I'm seeing.

If you're seeing blur during pans/yaw, I still get that too when playing on any PC and from any of my DJI drones (P3, M2Z and Mini) at 1080p, 30 or 60 GPS. Never figured that one out.

When I saw stutter, playback would hesitate every half second or so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121