DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 2 Lost near Alpine, WY (USA)

orothiago

Reactions
I was in a roadtrip from Salt Lake to Yellowstone and stopped at Alpine, found a dirty road with a river. Made great shots and videos. The thing is that I take off on the car roof (since there was a lot of dust in road). And when I was leaving, I forgot the drone in the car's roof. The problem is that I realized 3 hours after I left the place. I now, very stupid.
And I also kept memory car inside the drone. So lost files and Drone.
If someone find or know something, please let me know, I lost videos of my wife's pregnancy photo shoot, if you find and only wants to return the SD card, thats fine, the videos are most important.

Did you try "Find my drone"? (Does the Mini 2 have that feature?)

Don't know how feasible it would be for you to drive back 3 hours if you had the location, and what the odds are that the drone would be at the last recorded location…

Find my drone can only show the last location that the app and controller were connected to the drone.
The OP knows where that was.
FMD can't magically track a drone when it's no longer connected.

Did you have your name, phone number, registration number, and reward offer in the battery compartment? Perhaps you could contact DJI and get them to deactivate the serial number so no one else could operate it.
Lesson learned: copy all files from drone after each flight series.

If you know where you were then, post the Lat and Long and maybe someone might look for you.
You have a recording of that location in the flight log.
On paved roads possibly near the first bend, I speak from experience ....with glasses. Though I expect vibration would eventually cause the done to work itself off the roof.

Last edited:
Find my drone can only show the last location that the app and controller were connected to the drone.
Assuming "dirty road" means gravel or dirty, it's likely that the drone fell off not too long after they started driving, so going there and retracing their route has the best chance of finding it. The 'find my drone' coordinates would be helpful to anyone trying to help them by pointing out which "dirty road with a river" to start looking on.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud

Don't know how feasible it would be for you to drive back 3 hours if you had the location, and what the odds are that the drone would be at the last recorded location…
Yes, I tried, Mini also has this feature. It shows as the last location I landed. I drove to exact same place and searched for about 2 hours and didnt find it. Im pretty sure I was not driving fast in that road, so should not felt so far from road. I believe someone found it.

Do you know for how long I can track drone location? Because 3 hours after I lost it, i went to FMD and was showing the same place, however drone was not there.

Did you have your name, phone number, registration number, and reward offer in the battery compartment? Perhaps you could contact DJI and get them to deactivate the serial number so no one else could operate it.
Lesson learned: copy all files from drone after each flight series.
No I havent included any of these data in my Drone, unfortunately... lession learned. Not sure if DJI can deactivate, but I'll look more informations about that.

Don't feel bad,orothiago. I did the same thing with a 35mm camera once. Same result: lost both the camera and the images. : (

FMD shows ONLY the locations where the phone was connected to the drone via the controller i.e. where you landed it, it won't even show where the drone fell off the car but the landing site's GPS, which is what it shows, would a starting point.
It does not show 'live' locations in any other circumstances.

Do you know for how long I can track drone location? Because 3 hours after I lost it, i went to FMD and was showing the same place, however drone was not there.
Find my drone can only track the drone while there is connection with the app.
After the drone is shut down, find my drone can't continue tracking.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest