DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 2 or wait for the 3?

I'm waiting for the 3.
I'm in no rush to buy a mini right now anyways, and with the 3 being relatively close (I think so anyways) it doesn't make sense for me to buy something now for a better model to be released for around the same price in a short while. I'd do the same with my iPhone too.

While I appreciate the 'if you need one now then buy and enjoy one now' comments - I don't need one right now, so am happy to wait.
The only one who truly needs a drone is a commercial flyer. The rest of us just want to capture aerial stills and video. Unless you already have a drone for that purpose, any drone is better than none at all!

It could be a while before they release the 3 as this year perhaps the release of the mini SE will delay the 3

Always the Mini 2SE that is coming to Walmart. Maybe even Costco with a decent price.

I see no reason to upgrade from a Mini to Mini??? unless some great new features show up.

Best to move up to the Air2 /2S for the exact reason mentioned. OA, 48MP camera, 4k video, and more. Sure, it is 2-3 times the price, but my Air2 makes my Mini look like a Parrot Nothing that costs maybe $50.

I have kept my Mini for 1 reason. To take overseas / out of country and be able to fly without all the restrictions that CE and others have like here in the US. Otherwise, why keep it when I have the Air2 and all the awesome features and great flying it does.
Lots of stuff on Youtube predicting an imminent release of the Mini 3 or Mini 2s to compete with the Hubsan mini pro which is due to ship within a week or 2 that has pretty much what the Mini 2 has plus active track and front and back sensors at same price. Personally I would rather buy the DJI but the hubsan looks good too.

Not really - I would never buy an iPhone 3 months before the launch of a new model - would rather wait for the new one or a cheaper current model.

If the 2 was say 24mp then it would be perfect, I just dont want to buy now and regret in 3 months as the 3 delivers that.
I would never buy an iPhone. I did once, never again.

Lots of stuff on Youtube predicting an imminent release of the Mini 3 or Mini 2s to compete with the Hubsan mini pro which is due to ship within a week or 2 that has pretty much what the Mini 2 has plus active track and front and back sensors at same price. Personally I would rather buy the DJI but the hubsan looks good too.
DJI isn't worried about Hubsan stealing market share from them. They don't compete. However, the Hubsan mini pro does establish the possibility that more can be done to improve the camera in a sub 250g drone. DJI: "The future of possible!"

I don't think it is worth up-grading by just 1 generation.
You've got a MINI 1, so you're not droneless,
Stick with it and then get the MINI-3 (or what ever it will be called), then you will be getting a significant up-grade.

I nearly bought a MINI-1 as my first drone, but I knew the upside down layout of the controller with the screen "below the bottons" would annoy me beyond belief. How silly having the screen you are constantly twitching your eyes towards be below the buttons! Totally Daft!
When I saw DJI had fixed this in the Mini-2, I went straight out and bought it, and I am very happy with it.

Wow! Best wife in the world!
So you are hoping the Mini 3 will not come out soon and have super new feature that make you want to upgrade again!
Or you'll end up with all 3!

Reactions: Itzmyobsession
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S