DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini (A Look Inside)

Hi....would be intersting to see some detailed shot from the wifi module opened up to see the stuff underneath the cover...especially from the ce version. Is that possible that you share some detail shots? Thx in advance :)

Hi....would be intersting to see some detailed shot from the wifi module opened up to see the stuff underneath the cover...especially from the ce version. Is that possible that you share some detail shots? Thx in advance :)
What do you hope to learn. The software radio is an Atheros AR1021X-CL3D with encoding and data stream prep being performed by the Ambarella H22. We know from statements DJI had made in the various compliance certification application documents there is no hardware differences we should expect. FCC/CE performance differences are determined by factory flashed firmware modules.

Что ты надеешься узнать? Программный радиоприемник представляет собой Atheros AR1021X-CL3D, в котором Ambarella H22 выполняет кодирование и подготовку потока данных. Мы знаем из заявлений, сделанных DJI в различных документах заявки на сертификацию соответствия, никаких аппаратных отличий мы не должны ожидать
We want to make sure they 're the same:)
I can 't find any documentation on Atheros AR1021X-CL3D. Can You give me datasheet for AR1021X-CL3D? Do you think there are no signal amplifiers between this chip and the antenna?

Reactions: PeterPatrick
Last edited:
I was truly proud that DroneDJ made note of whom provided the actual images.
I only posted the 4, but have many others. ;)
Ambarella processor inside Mavic Mini raises expectations DJI Mavic 3 Pro

And yes, it will reveal my true name. However, just remember, I am the TMZ of the drone world! AkA @Drone Master
I had a quick look at the article.It seems to be a lot of conjecture about employment of a H22 or other Ambarella COC in a future Mavic.

Do you have anything that might help @Hawkins2000 with his question about radio hardware differences (if any) between mavic mini models?

We want to make sure they 're the same:)
I can 't find any documentation on Atheros AR1021X-CL3D. Can You give me datasheet for AR1021X-CL3D? Do you think there are no signal amplifiers between this chip and the antenna?
DJI has said the hardware between models is the same- the differences in radio performance are implemented with factory flashed firmware. Why the need to doubt? That would be what we should expect even if only from a manufacturing perspective.

Even if its firmware its probably hard firmware that can't easily be gotten to by external means. Many Systems on a Chip (SoC) have a portion of their flash that can be locked, in some cases permanently by a fusable link and in other cases the data is completely wiped if unlocked.

guys please do keep these requests coming

Next project anyone?
Not so much a specific next project idea as a general suggestion- to include, to the extent your technicians are able to do so, technical information explaining the function and interaction of the specific components and sub-systems. Im sure many would, for example, have an appetite for learning the intricacies of how the transmission system is implemented. It seems in the mini the "enhanced wifi" is nothing more than DJI leveraging the efforts of Ambarella in employing the on board networking architecture of the H22 and a generic wifi radio and linear RF amp. As seems to be the trend DJI has little to say publicly about light bridge, occusync, enhanced wifi etc. The clues tend to be from Ambarella, Analog Devices and the others who provide the enabling tech- I'm sure any further insights would be well received.

I was truly proud that DroneDJ made note of whom provided the actual images.
I only posted the 4, but have many others. ;)
Ambarella processor inside Mavic Mini raises expectations DJI Mavic 3 Pro

And yes, it will reveal my true name. However, just remember, I am the TMZ of the drone world! AkA @Drone Master
If you are so intimate with the internals perhaps you can help out @Blithe74- he is like a dog with a bone trying to learn what the RF amp chips are..... it looks like DJI has either deliberately removed the numbers or were over zealous with the conformal coating.

Guys, we asking for picture 2weeks already, if you dont have them-just say ;)

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose