DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini able to work with the DJI Go (4) app (at least on Android)?

jama42

Reactions
I'm a prospective Mavic Mini user and heard that the DJI Fly app doesn't support the "local data (only)" mode--not sending your data to somewhere via the internet.

So I was curious if the Mavic Mini would work with the DJI Go 4 app on Android.

(Separately, I'd also like to know if it's true that the DJI Fly app (still) doesn't support the local data only mode.)

welcome to the forum,the fly app is for the MM it will not work with the GO4

Reactions: dirkclod and WooZie
I'm a prospective Mavic Mini user and heard that the DJI Fly app doesn't support the "local data (only)" mode--not sending your data to somewhere via the internet.

So I was curious if the Mavic Mini would work with the DJI Go 4 app on Android.

(Separately, I'd also like to know if it's true that the DJI Fly app (still) doesn't support the local data only mode.)

As a new MM owner, can you explain what you mean, from what i know GO4 does send your data if you hit synch flights in the app menu, and also if you use a firewall app the GO app makes dozens of connections to various websites

As a new MM owner, can you explain what you mean, from what i know GO4 does send your data if you hit synch flights in the app menu, and also if you use a firewall app the GO app makes dozens of connections to various websites
Ah. I thought I heard the Go 4 app supported an optional local data mode. I was just wondering if the Fly app had the same support.
I did hear that at least the Pilot app supports local data, but I don't think it supports the Mavic Mini.

Ah. I thought I heard the Go 4 app supported an optional local data mode. I was just wondering if the Fly app had the same support.
I did hear that at least the Pilot app supports local data, but I don't think it supports the Mavic Mini.
Simple answer: GO 4 does not require an internet connection and will use maps from cache.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fshields