DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini accessories

The PGYTech Landing leg extensions work quite well actually, and in my opinion, there is no noticeable drag or wind affect. You can fit the MM in the flymore case if you remove the front leg extensions (easy on and off), and store them in a convenient place in the case. The MM will then slide in place (tight fit for awhile, then ok)

I’m waiting on mine to come in. Glad to hear you like them.

Zip ties to hold MM propellers. To remove, just slide to the one side of the props. Cheaper way to stabilize.

Attachments

• E1EA50D8-4DDF-4A25-BEDE-D118AD80E7EC.jpeg
    E1EA50D8-4DDF-4A25-BEDE-D118AD80E7EC.jpeg
    693.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DB1DFDCC-9898-4DA8-9AB4-A0200230FF5C.jpeg
    DB1DFDCC-9898-4DA8-9AB4-A0200230FF5C.jpeg
    750.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: Mrveronn
I don’t see any way to tighten the swivel at all. I want to like this but I cannot recommend it at all. I hope it’s user error and I can find a way to fix the problems I’m having.
There is a small Allen key inside the base that I used to tighten the two swivel points...

Thank you for your words of wisdom. I do often fly in dusty areas hence my thoughts on purchasing the motor covers. However now I will not bother with them. I do have the biggest landing pad that I could buy but occasionally I overshoot and kick up clouds of dust. I have had a few goes at catching the drone but not my favorite method of landing. I will try to improve on this though especially with the MM which is so small and light.
I will take a look at the YouTube videos regarding the filters. Thanks again.

As others have said - palm launch and land. I do this all the time with my Mavic 2 Zoom so I can take off from all locations. Also, it looks VERY impressive to bystanders!!

The biggest thing is to manage the phone / tablet on take off. I mostly put the tablet on top of the bag and allow the drone to rest on my palm whilst I take off from the tablet. Motors start then move hand away once hovering. Pick up tablet and fly.

Landing you just shove your hand under the drone when it gets to head height. It will stop landing and hover, bring it down with the left stick and it lands softly on your palm. Once the motors have stopped fold fingers round it (and do the obligatory hug).

In another post there is a DIY solution to securing the props using low cost gentle elastics. Its worth considering as the DJI prop solution results in the drone not fitting in the fly more case.
bb74dbc7-8624-4ce1-ac2e-5e67abffb9dd-jpeg.87103

In the same post Grant R showed his solution to securing the props, but with an additional benefit -- as his ribbon idea is secured to the gimbal protector, and is a great reminder to remove the protector...!
83A04FDF-40B9-453B-A8CA-DAAE37B820CB.jpeg

Poster SCRO suggested that the ribbon needed to have a "remove before flight' stenciled on it...I am using a different solution for securing the props on my MM, but I always struggle to remember to remove the gimbal protector so I had a look around and will probably get a "Remove before flight" key ring lanyard that I will hot glue to the protector. Hard to ignore that...!
1575401805152.png

Last edited:
Want to use a phone that won't fit in the standard Mavic RC space (e.g. a phone in a case)...the "Yifant Phone Support Mount for DJI Mavic Mini" may help. It claims to be able to hold a phone up to 10mm thick.

1575403779771.png
looks like this would restrict you to connecting the cable to your smart phone on the left side...
1575403816071.png

Last edited:
Reactions: scooot and RopsoFPV
There is available many accessories for dji mavic mini even third party companies also making very useful accessories like sunnylife , smatree, pygytech. We do have all this kind of accessories available alGadgets Electronics

Flew my MM for a little while yesterday with my new Firehouse Technology dual strobes (green, red, two whites) and they make a huge difference in visibility and being able to tell orientation. I got the mounts for them and am happy with those.

Do not like the Ultimate Tablet Holder AT ALL. I emailed Drone Valley at least a week ago about the problems I’ve had and haven’t gotten a reply. The first thing is that the space for the tablet is just a hair too large for my iPad Mini 5 with a silicone back cover on it. I’ve tried filling the small space with various sizes of foam but it’s just not stable. I’ve lost the tablet out of it more than once and it’s floppy even

though I’ve tightened the screws. I don’t see any way to tighten the swivel at all. I want to like this but I cannot recommend it at all. I hope it’s user error and I can find a way to fix the problems I’m having.
Get the MavMount. It’s a little pricey compared to the other cheaply made knock offs but worth every penny. Get it and you won’t regret it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661