DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini accessories

OldGuy

Reactions
As Christmas is almost up on us my family likes suggestions for my presents. Usually I request accessories for my drones instead of the tradition pair of socks.
So if anyone has purchased any of the following I would be very interest in your comments

PGYTech ND filters (does the gimbal still work ok. Does the gimbal cover still fit?)

Tineer aluminium motor covers. Do they in anyway cause the motors to run hotter?

PGYTech Landing leg extensions (any noticeable drag incurred or increase in wind affect).

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

I use the landing leg extensions now and i can’t spot any differens in drag or wind affect. MM does not fit in the flymore case though.
Thank you for the feed back. I will order a set today. It’s a pity that they don’t fit into the flymore case.

Reactions: RopsoFPV
Hi, DJI motors do not have covers by design, something to consider. Check out MM filters on YouTube and you’ll find negative feedback on both current designs. Given the MM arms are already ‘flimsy’ extra rotational torque in a heavy landing may damage the arm, if you concerned about debris entering the drone practice hand launch and landing or buy a foldable landing pad.

Reactions: Capt KO
Hi, DJI motors do not have covers by design, something to consider. Check out MM filters on YouTube and you’ll find negative feedback on both current designs. Given the MM arms are already ‘flimsy’ extra rotational torque in a heavy landing may damage the arm, if you concerned about debris entering the drone practice hand launch and landing or buy a foldable landing pad.
Thank you for your words of wisdom. I do often fly in dusty areas hence my thoughts on purchasing the motor covers. However now I will not bother with them. I do have the biggest landing pad that I could buy but occasionally I overshoot and kick up clouds of dust. I have had a few goes at catching the drone but not my favorite method of landing. I will try to improve on this though especially with the MM which is so small and light.
I will take a look at the YouTube videos regarding the filters. Thanks again.

Thank you for your words of wisdom. I do often fly in dusty areas hence my thoughts on purchasing the motor covers. However now I will not bother with them. I do have the biggest landing pad that I could buy but occasionally I overshoot and kick up clouds of dust. I have had a few goes at catching the drone but not my favorite method of landing. I will try to improve on this though especially with the MM which is so small and light.
I will take a look at the YouTube videos regarding the filters. Thanks again.
You really don't have to "catch" the drone. just hover it chest high or a height you feel is comfortable, walk up to it..I do it at a slight angle.. stick your hand under it and and pull back on the left stick. Sometimes, rarely, the motors continue to run, just grip it and turn it 90 degrees. Always give it a little hug..show it that you love it..;)

Here are some ideas, but of course, please do your research and decide if you will benefit from what they offer. Some brands are mentioned below, but what is more important is that there are probably several options in each category, so shop for the best price/features/delivery time (before Christmas, otherwise its the socks you'll get). Warning, purchasing all these items at one time may result in bankruptcy or a leap in the cost of living in your state/province. Proceed with Caution:

1. Quick charge 3.0 wall charger and/or car charger with multiple USB outlets. Get the benefit of quick charging running cables to the drone with a battery inside and also charge the multiple battery unit at the same time. Why wait for spring, charge it now. Also have the 'bell jar' charger direct from DJI:
51VoDIu5yLL._AC_SL1080_.jpg
FosPower USB Car Charger UL Listed 36W Quick Charge 3.0 Dual USB Smart Ports with Device Identification Providing Optimal Charging Compatible with iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, Galaxy S10
1574994210665.png
2. A highly visible vest/straps to wear while flying your drone (or taking the dog for a walk) that makes you look like a nerd, but an official nerd, so might keep people away. Some vests have FAA certified drone pilot on them...again very official looking. I went with the strap type as shown here; my kids will likely write nerd dad or some other affectionate phrase on it soon:
Pioneer Adjustable Tear-Away Lightweight Premium High Visibility Safety Vest Sash, Refelctive Stripe, Yellow-Green, V1040860-O/S
1574994331839.png
3. Flight sticks that extend...giving a bit 'finer' control of your RC stick movements. Generic (4mm) or Polar Pro (13mm)...check them out...bigger might be better:
Aoile Adjustable Remote Controller Aluminium Alloy Rocker Stick for Mavic 2 Pro Air Accessories
71KvM9FsKKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

4. Prop holders/restraints. You might end up in handcuffs at some point in your drone career, so why not put your little drone's props in then now...stop them flapping around and may add to the 'cool' factor when people watch you setting up…?
Yifant Silicone Propeller Holder for DJI Mavic Mini Drone Accessories Quick Release Storage Bracket Propeller Blade Holder (Black)

5. We've all blown our tops at some point...and your batteries may do this too, so why not tuck them into bed with a nice Lipo Explosionproof holder (pillow not included) and know that it will take a bit longer for them to escape their confines to set the world on fire.
61fniQdKBoL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

6. Decided that you are into hand catching, but haven't had your visual prescription updated in a few years? Why not do some prep work and be ready for the inevitable and get the following and a nice portable first aid kit. Don't procrastinate, get one today..!
St. John Ambulance First Aid Reference Guide by [Ambulance, St. John]

7. What to do to protect your precious microSD memory cards, get them a velvet lined vault to keep them safe:
514Z1pMnZUL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

8. My mini wants to travel in style. Cushioned comfort. Lykus M1 to the rescue. Like a spa for your drone. Do NOT leave case open; cats will discover they have a new scratching pad to play with:
91pKzAyKPfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

9. iPad Mini 4 or 5 … why stress out your smartphone (and your eyes) when you could be slipping a nice large screen into your RC. You'll be flying 20% smarter and with 35% less eyestrain. Wallet will be 43% lighter also. probably want the cellular version with GPS. Refurbished brings down the price.
Image result for ipad mini
10. Will need a longer OTG cable to stretch from your RC to your new device. So check out the 12"/30cm cables. Showing for iPhone/iPad but android/etc out there in the wild also:
61ItsHiDt1L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

11. What could be more useful than a landing pad. Plain, lit with LEDs, reversible...lots of options, and speaking of the ground, how about some leg extensions to give a bit more clearance from the ground with your Mavic Mini from PGYTECH:
61tZ2qFZOoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
1575094064244.png
12. How about a protective tempered 9H glass lens for the gimbal camera:
s-l1600.jpg

Stay tuned, more stocking stuffers coming...see next post.

Last edited:
Reactions: shivas65
Christmas wish list continues. Again, items shown are just to illustrate the accessories out there...you'll find other brands, other features offered, etc...I am not affiliated with any companies, this is just my (somewhat long) list of items that are out there. If you have a really extended family (or 15 children) you might be able to get all these items in one stocking...otherwise you are looking at about 10 years to collect them all. Enjoy!

13. Firehouse Technology Dual White Strobe LED (only 6 grams), but they have single LED, 4 LED, colored Red/Green/white, other features...so check out what you need.
s-l1600.jpg

14. Aerial Pro mount for your LED stobe(s) (various models available):
s-l1600.jpg

15. Aerial Pro Decal for your car or home windows to proudly advertise your drone affiliation/love of flying:
s-l1600.jpg

16. Aerial Pro decals for your drone...various colours
s-l1600.jpg

17. O'woda parabolic reflectors to send your love signals more strongly to the drone...come home my love, RTH..!
714FMCMdrNL._SL1500_.jpg

18. Or go all out and combine the parabolic reflectors with a sun shade for your smartphone/iPad Mini and again, scare away onlookers. "Mommy, what is that man/woman holding in their hands?" "Lets go honey, this way..."
81Q27p7ZpXL._SL1500_.jpg

19. Can't have too many of these lying around:
SanDisk 128GB Extreme MicroSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD - SDSQXA1-128G-GN6MA

20. Fdrone water proof case, not bad at $42, and a clear step up from the fly more case or soft-side DJI case...and a FenglinTech Waterproof Case Single-Shoulder Bag for DJI Mavic Mini - PU...the first case I've seen that allows the propeller guards to be included inside the case:
611Q-ttaffL._UX679_.jpg
61jnJw6VpeL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

21. Phamtomrain.org has a 'wet suit' for your mini. Up the water-resistance for your drone, and make it stand out from the crowd.
wet-mini2-jpg.86984

22. Water landing anticipated? Want to scare away even more spectators...? A post by GerdS says that he uses this if the drone has to set down on water, as it gives you time to go collect the drone...prevent sinking...something to consider if you're flying over/around water frequently. Phantomrain.org offers a "Sea Lander" rescue jacket (not available for the MM at the time of this note...but if you want then maybe get in contact to encourage its creation) that could save your drone.
screen-shot-2019-11-27-at-6-21-45-pm-png.86719
1574994946130.png
23. Maybe you like #9 above, but scoff at the idea of the screen still being so small? Well go whole hog and get a tablet holder for your RC...Drone Valley has a neat solution that folds up very compactly, humbly named the Ultimate Table Holder. Full disclosure I have one in my drone bag, er spa...!!
1574985181042.png
24. Protect those sticks. There are plenty of models out there, but again I will pick on Drone Valley who offers a decent solution for stick protection:
1574985314594.png
25. Ok, lets start wrapping this up list...with Wrapgrade poly skin.
1575004785079.png
26. Finally...after your third flyaway, consider moving to a different category of drone operations, and start collecting another whole set of accessories...!! Just kidding...Mavic Mini Forever...!!
Top Race Pocket Drone Quad Copter 2.4 Ghz With Headless Mode Unbreakable RC Mini Pocket Drone (TR-MQ7)

Attachments

• 1574993753228.png
    1574993753228.png
    1 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Here are some ideas, but of course, please do your research and decide if you will benefit from what they offer. Some brands are mentioned below, but what is more important is that there are probably several options in each category, so shop for the best price/features/delivery time (before Christmas, otherwise its the socks you'll get). Warning, purchasing all these items at one time may result in bankruptcy or a leap in the cost of living in your state/province. Proceed with Caution:

1. Quick charge 3.0 wall charger and/or car charger with multiple USB outlets. Get the benefit of quick charging running cables to the drone with a battery inside and also charge the multiple battery unit at the same time. Why wait for spring, charge it now. Also have the 'bell jar' charger direct from DJI:
51VoDIu5yLL._AC_SL1080_.jpg
FosPower USB Car Charger UL Listed 36W Quick Charge 3.0 Dual USB Smart Ports with Device Identification Providing Optimal Charging Compatible with iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, Galaxy S10
View attachment 86814
2. A highly visible vest/straps to wear while flying your drone (or taking the dog for a walk) that makes you look like a nerd, but an official nerd, so might keep people away. Some vests have FAA certified drone pilot on them...again very official looking. I went with the strap type as shown here; my kids will likely write nerd dad or some other affectionate phrase on it soon:
Pioneer Adjustable Tear-Away Lightweight Premium High Visibility Safety Vest Sash, Refelctive Stripe, Yellow-Green, V1040860-O/S
View attachment 86815
3. Flight sticks that extend...giving a bit 'finer' control of your RC stick movements. Generic (4mm) or Polar Pro (13mm)...check them out...bigger might be better:
Aoile Adjustable Remote Controller Aluminium Alloy Rocker Stick for Mavic 2 Pro Air Accessories
71KvM9FsKKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

4. Prop holders/restraints. You might end up in handcuffs at some point in your drone career, so why not put your little drone's props in then now...stop them flapping around and may add to the 'cool' factor when people watch you setting up…?
Yifant Silicone Propeller Holder for DJI Mavic Mini Drone Accessories Quick Release Storage Bracket Propeller Blade Holder (Black)

5. We've all blown our tops at some point...and your batteries may do this too, so why not tuck them into bed with a nice Lipo Explosionproof holder (pillow not included) and know that it will take a bit longer for them to escape their confines to set the world on fire.
61fniQdKBoL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

6. Decided that you are into hand catching, but haven't had your visual prescription updated in a few years? Why not do some prep work and be ready for the inevitable and get the following and a nice portable first aid kit. Don't procrastinate, get one today..!
St. John Ambulance First Aid Reference Guide by [Ambulance, St. John]

7. What to do to protect your precious microSD memory cards, get them a velvet lined vault to keep them safe:
514Z1pMnZUL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

8. My mini wants to travel in style. Cushioned comfort. Lykus M1 to the rescue. Like a spa for your drone. Do NOT leave case open; cats will discover they have a new scratching pad to play with:
91pKzAyKPfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

9. iPad Mini 4 or 5 … why stress out your smartphone (and your eyes) when you could be slipping a nice large screen into your RC. You'll be flying 20% smarter and with 35% less eyestrain. Wallet will be 43% lighter also. probably want the cellular version with GPS. Refurbished brings down the price.
Image result for ipad mini
10. Will need a longer OTG cable to stretch from your RC to your new device. So check out the 12"/30cm cables. Showing for iPhone/iPad but android/etc out there in the wild also:
61ItsHiDt1L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

11. What could be more useful than a landing pad. Plain, lit with LEDs, reversible...lots of options:
61tZ2qFZOoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

12. How about a protective tempered 9H glass lens for the gimbal camera:
s-l1600.jpg

Stay tuned, more stocking stuffers coming...see next post.
Wow great list. Not sure about the first aid kit thought! ha ha
Cheers

Reactions: Mrveronn
if anybody is aware of the modified cord from MM RC to the android device that has a resistor or somehow else prevents charging of the phone from the remote - please provide a link. it is a major annoyance.

i finally found something that fits both MM and its RC for travel. i think it was a lens pouch from the nikkor 55-300mm lens, or 28-70, difficult to say now.
anyway, it is almost a perfect fit. just may need to find a long rubber band to secure props a bit better - and it can go into a backpack.
1575052289820.png

Flew my MM for a little while yesterday with my new Firehouse Technology dual strobes (green, red, two whites) and they make a huge difference in visibility and being able to tell orientation. I got the mounts for them and am happy with those.

Do not like the Ultimate Tablet Holder AT ALL. I emailed Drone Valley at least a week ago about the problems I’ve had and haven’t gotten a reply. The first thing is that the space for the tablet is just a hair too large for my iPad Mini 5 with a silicone back cover on it. I’ve tried filling the small space with various sizes of foam but it’s just not stable. I’ve lost the tablet out of it more than once and it’s floppy even though I’ve tightened the screws. I don’t see any way to tighten the swivel at all. I want to like this but I cannot recommend it at all. I hope it’s user error and I can find a way to fix the problems I’m having.

Do not like the Ultimate Tablet Holder AT ALL. I emailed Drone Valley .... I hope it’s user error and I can find a way to fix the problems I’m having.

Go to Home Depot or similar and buy some flat aluminum and a pop riveter. Make your own tablet holder. I also put Velcro on the back to hold a power bank to charge at the same time. It all balances better this way.

Attachments

• MC holder 1.jpg
    MC holder 1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 56
  • MC holder 2.jpg
    MC holder 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
Anything you add , adds weight , cuts down fight time. I think it’s fine the way it is.
Referring to what? I have to fly in tall trees. Visibility is a problem when tiny drone LOS is near tree tops. I'm willing to live with slightly reduced flight time to have greater visibility.

Go to Home Depot or similar and buy some flat aluminum and a pop riveter. Make your own tablet holder. I also put Velcro on the back to hold a power bank to charge at the same time. It all balances better this way.

Um, nope. I’m glad you have something that works for you but building my own tablet holder is not on my “things I want to spend time doing” list. If it were something I could sew, maybe.

As Christmas is almost up on us my family likes suggestions for my presents. Usually I request accessories for my drones instead of the tradition pair of socks.
So if anyone has purchased any of the following I would be very interest in your comments

PGYTech ND filters (does the gimbal still work ok. Does the gimbal cover still fit?)

Tineer aluminium motor covers. Do they in anyway cause the motors to run hotter?

PGYTech Landing leg extensions (any noticeable drag incurred or increase in wind affect).

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.
The PGYTech Landing leg extensions work quite well actually, and in my opinion, there is no noticeable drag or wind affect. You can fit the MM in the flymore case if you remove the front leg extensions (easy on and off), and store them in a convenient place in the case. The MM will then slide in place (tight fit for awhile, then ok)

The PGYTech Landing leg extensions work quite well actually, and in my opinion, there is no noticeable drag or wind affect. You can fit the MM in the flymore case if you remove the front leg extensions (easy on and off), and store them in a convenient place in the case. The MM will then slide in place (tight fit for awhile, then ok)
I agree, they are nicely designed and the Mini operates fine while flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan