DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 - Video - Replace Gimbol Motor?

Nerfdrone

Reactions
*picks up chair and places in the group therapy circle*

Hello Drone Community, My name is Nerfdrone and I've also crashed my drone.

I hit a tree in some woods not far off the ground and T speed. Either way the flying machine wasn't happy and crashed landed. I've managed to source 4 new propeller blades, two front sensor cameras, front cover and now for the final piece to the puzzle.

Why will the gimbal not complete a full calibration? The infamous gimbal motor overload message appears. We know why, it's not a mystery, I crashed it. But I'm not sure which part to buy. I suspect I need to buy new motors for the gimbal camera.

Any ideas?

Here is a video of what the gimbal should look like and what happens when a calibration is initiated via a PC. You can see it can't go to the bottom right and it gives off a sad camera drop towards the end. For some reason the Android app doesn't have any gimbal settings.

Hello.

Im not 100% sure, but it would seem to me that the pitch motor is not going though its whole range of motion.
Also, you probably tried this, but there are two operations you need to do, I can only make out one of them in your upper screen.
py comm_og_service_tool.py YOUR_COMM_PORT -vv WM240 GimbalCalib JointCoarse
py comm_og_service_tool.py YOUR_COMM_PORT -vv WM240 GimbalCalib LinearHall

Regards.

Hello.

Im not 100% sure, but it would seem to me that the pitch motor is not going though its whole range of motion.
Also, you probably tried this, but there are two operations you need to do, I can only make out one of them in your upper screen.
py comm_og_service_tool.py YOUR_COMM_PORT -vv WM240 GimbalCalib JointCoarse
py comm_og_service_tool.py YOUR_COMM_PORT -vv WM240 GimbalCalib LinearHall

Regards.
Cheers for the reply. I sent the video to a few repair places and one guy replied saying it also looks like you assumption, the pitch. I tried LinearHall and nothing happens. I ordered a pitch motor which might be here in a few weeks. Fingers crossed it gives the gimbal.

Cheers for the reply. I sent the video to a few repair places and one guy replied saying it also looks like you assumption, the pitch. I tried LinearHall and nothing happens. I ordered a pitch motor which might be here in a few weeks. Fingers crossed it gives the gimbal.
Im waiting on a yaw motor myself ^^
Good luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N