DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini add on's

David Smith

Reactions
I have had my mini for a few months now. And I have added a couple of things to it. A strobe light.Invaluable due to the mini's diminutive size. anything over 150 ft and I can't see it anymore. secondly, I have fitted a shroud around the gimble that shuts more of the sun out. So....Yes, it is now overweight. And I'm going to register it and myself. How much is this going to cost me?bare in mind I'm in the UK.
Thanks in advance.
Dave

Reactions: old man mavic
I have had my mini for a few months now. And I have added a couple of things to it. A strobe light.Invaluable due to the mini's diminutive size. anything over 150 ft and I can't see it anymore. secondly, I have fitted a shroud around the gimble that shuts more of the sun out. So....Yes, it is now overweight. And I'm going to register it and myself. How much is this going to cost me?bare in mind I'm in the UK.
Thanks in advance.
Dave
hi dave the cost for operator ID is £9 per year,and the flyer ID is free and lasts 3 years go on the CAA website drone registration and its all there

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I have had my mini for a few months now. And I have added a couple of things to it. A strobe light.Invaluable due to the mini's diminutive size. anything over 150 ft and I can't see it anymore.

Can I ask what strobe you used, as I was thinking of getting one as well. Maybe even a red one for left and a green one for right.

[/QUOTE]
Hi. Its this one Ulanzi DR-01 Drone Strobe Light Red Green White Warning Navigation Lamp Kit.
I was recommended this one. And bought it off eBay.
It's rechargeable with a micro USB cable. Held on with velcro. Not received it yet. So I can't tell you if its any good. But I read the reviews. And it came out good !! Don't make the mistake as I did, And buy one with a single white strobe. You can't see it after around 100ft. I'm also registering my Mini , Because it's most definitely over 250 grams now. And we all want to be good guys and girls in the UK, don't we? I know I'm going to get slammed for this......But do Gals fly drones ?? Has to be some out there??
Hope that helps you out. Bear in mind that I am in the UK
Regards Dave

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78