DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC MINI AND LOCTITE

Honestly, just get some blue Loctite. I don't know why so many people are recommending alternatives for something that is neither hard to find or expensive.
agreed. just go buy a bottle of Blue Loctite. you can get a rather large bottle for under 10 bucks and will last you forever. Side note, If your gonna store your Loctite with your AC in a Case put the bottle of Loctite in a zip-loc bag to prevent any possible leakage or damage to your KIT.

you only need to use loctite if you do not have any new screws that come with the new props as they already have it on them
if you do use fresh loctite then be very sparing with it the smallest amount is enough dont let it get into the motor as it could damage it

I was told on YouTube that that you could use acrylic paint as Loctite.So what do you guys think...
A problem with using paint would be the wide variability in drying hardness. It would be better to use a product made for the purpose.

loctite blue.

And consider using the stick version of Loctite, avoid liquid running...the 'wax-like' material is easier to control/apply.
71JcmVaovtL._SL1157_.jpg

And consider using the stick version of Loctite, avoid liquid running...the 'wax-like' material is easier to control/apply.
71JcmVaovtL._SL1157_.jpg
Now that is a good product idea. I have a small bottle of blue (liquid) in my flight kit. If I ever replace it, this will be my go to. Thanks for the lead.

Yep, worth keeping this in a ziplock type bag to minimize leakage...like shampoo in your luggage...bag it..!

Loctite is an anaerobic adhesive, which means it cures in the absence of air. The acrylic paint most likely cures in air. In the areas where you use Loctite, typically screw threads, tightening the screw or bolt will exclude air, encouraging the Loctite to cure. The acrylic paint on the other hand may never cure. And yes Loctite can damage plastic so use it sparingly only on threads.

yes but there are some types that are deemed permanent so make sure before you purchase it, you only need a very small amount

Reactions: LankALank
If you use Loctite, can you still get the screws out when needed?

Blue Loctite holds pretty well and parts blue LT is used on are deemed "removable" if needed. Red LT is touted to be permanent and it's a real MOFO to break loose parts where red LT is used. I do believe they also have a yellow LT which is the lightest duty of them all, and it supposed to be used with things you may frequently want to remove.

Because the screws are so small the best options would be Loctite 222 or Loctite 425 (which is low strength, but safe on plastics). To apply, just use a toothpick to put a tiny amount on the thread of the screw.

Attachments

• 425-EN.pdf
    65.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 222-EN.pdf
    74.9 KB · Views: 10
I don't see "loctite" mentioned in the various manuals. Was this a separate DJI suggestion?
there is already loctite on the new screws that come with the new props ,but if you want to keep the screws in case you lose some ,then use some fresh loctite when you put the screw back in the motor the loctite on the screws is a one use only product, the friction produced as the screw is tightened up activates it

there is already loctite on the new screws that come with the new props ,but if you want to keep the screws in case you lose some ,then use some fresh loctite when you put the screw back in the motor the loctite on the screws is a one use only product, the friction produced as the screw is tightened up activates it
Thanks very much for the answer. Appreciated.

Reactions: old man mavic
Some use nail polish for small screw jobies like that.

Personally I didn't lock the threads after re-seating my MM prop. No problems. I don't think I wanna use thread locker in the future, I don't think the force is significant to undo them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31