DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini at 895ft

Well flown!
I used the technique of distant landing to reset the barometers in my M2P... land in easy view at a distance on the mountain, but don’t turn off anything... waited about 20 seconds ... then took off and altitude was reset to zero in the drone. Santan Mountain peak is about 2000’ above the desert floor. This allowed me to see over it. Video is below if interested. No flying here anymore as a manufacturing company leased the whole west end of that corner of the reservation. You can see their building in the views of the far western end (screen right) of the mountain. Also no hiking trails here.

^That's a brilliant idea on resetting the barometer!

I've been wanting to fly this Mini high and far but waited till I was at the right place. This entire 3000 acre ranch is private property so I was able to safely test.

895ft of altitude and I averaged 1.5 miles of range on most flights with no issues.

Even managed to use the drones to spot feral hogs on the ranch,

Hope it’s of use to you. Someone else made the suggestion to me and it worked. Just be careful to stay within 400’ of the mountainside or object to stay legal.

I'm actually building a long range FPV quad to do some serious mountain flying in Virginia. It's a totally different flight experience compared to camera drones. I rarely fly my Mini nowadays that I figured out FPV. The learning curve is steep but this is the closest you'll get to pure unadulterated flight, its like being a bird

I'm actually building a long range FPV quad to do some serious mountain flying in Virginia. It's a totally different flight experience compared to camera drones. I rarely fly my Mini nowadays that I figured out FPV. The learning curve is steep but this is the closest you'll get to pure unadulterated flight, its like being a bird

Look forward to your vids!

Reactions: Capt KO and hashfly

Spectacular video and flying! Thanks for sharing

How the heck did you get up there?

Well flown!
I used the technique of distant landing to reset the barometers in my M2P... land in easy view at a distance on the mountain, but don’t turn off anything... waited about 20 seconds ... then took off and altitude was reset to zero in the drone. Santan Mountain peak is about 2000’ above the desert floor. This allowed me to see over it. Video is below if interested. No flying here anymore as a manufacturing company leased the whole west end of that corner of the reservation. You can see their building in the views of the far western end (screen right) of the mountain. Also no hiking trails here.
Really nice flying and editing.

Reactions: Thomas B

Amazing footage!

I need to clarify that the FPV Switzerland video is not mine!!! I was sharing that as an example of what FPV is capable off and the type of drone I am building. Apologies if anyone misunderstood

Wow, that is exciting to watch, and very well done. I guess I didn't realize that FPV drone were getting that high of quality Video. Great job!

I guess I didn't realize that FPV drone were getting that high of quality Video.

YouTube is chock full of great PFV cinematic video, and many in the forum here have posted excellent footage.
Generally they have GoPro session 5 or models with more stability control features, or similar style knock off cameras.
Many are 4k capable but even 1080 gets you some great footage.

Hey hashfly - interested in what you're building ..what kind of hardware are you using in the quad? FC, radio, battery, video feed, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive