DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Battery Charging issue

Bourbon

Reactions
Last weekend during a flight I got a " Battery Cell Error" . I followed the instructions, landed the aircraft immediately and switched out the battery.
Had a hectic week so I didn't get to recharge them.

Today while charging cause I plan to fly later I'm seeing the battery in question blink intermittently. I checked the manual and no mention of what this would mean was there as far as I saw. All batteries were treated more or less the same, in fact I labelled them to rotate properly. Any ideas what could be the cause and how salvageable this might be?

Last weekend during a flight I got a " Battery Cell Error" . I followed the instructions, landed the aircraft immediately and switched out the battery.
Had a hectic week so I didn't get to recharge them.

Today while charging cause I plan to fly later I'm seeing the battery in question blink intermittently. I checked the manual and no mention of what this would mean was there as far as I saw. All batteries were treated more or less the same, in fact I labelled them to rotate properly. Any ideas what could be the cause and how salvageable this might be?

Mmmm I had this with my Mavic pro battery made me very nervous flying I landed the craft went off and looked up as much as I could online and asking on forums
I bought a external battery balancer and all cables
That didn't work at all!
I came to the Conclusion that is it worth Risking an expensive £1000 drone for a Dodgy £100 battery
Gutted but no so off to the tip I went with my tail In between my legs and got rid of it
Sorry mate not worth it and I could never completely trust that battery again anyway!
Hope this helps

Good luck

Reactions: Thomas B
I can see the merits in that. But what was the cause? I'm thinking in the context of prevention. The other two batteries are fine as far as I see. They've all been generally treated similarly. What happened?

I can see the merits in that. But what was the cause? I'm thinking in the context of prevention. The other two batteries are fine as far as I see. They've all been generally treated similarly. What happened?
I wish I knew the answer to that question but I'm lead to believe that some of the DJI batterys are just faulty if you find out why please let me know!
I purchased a Lipo battery balancer and specific cables for the mavic pro battery
But I wouldn't balance or charge it the Smart part of the battery under the cover was blocking the device from working at all and I wasn't prepared to crack open the case and disconnect the brains of the battery to bypass.
So it cost me around £100 for new battery and around £50 for balancer and cables that was no good. Ha ha
Oh well
Good luck on your search and please let me know if you come across anything useful to solving this problem.
Cheers
Ty

Attachments

• E1080334-4B5F-45DC-A917-FA695A0B5FB6.jpeg
    E1080334-4B5F-45DC-A917-FA695A0B5FB6.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 16
I wish I knew the answer to that question but I'm lead to believe that some of the DJI batterys are just faulty if you find out why please let me know!
I purchased a Lipo battery balancer and specific cables for the mavic pro battery
But I wouldn't balance or charge it the Smart part of the battery under the cover was blocking the device from working at all and I wasn't prepared to crack open the case and disconnect the brains of the battery to bypass.
So it cost me around £100 for new battery and around £50 for balancer and cables that was no good. Ha ha
Oh well
Good luck on your search and please let me know if you come across anything useful to solving this problem.
Cheers
Ty
The DJI charger is a balance charger.
If you recharge them and they are still unbalanced I would assume it’s a bad battery.

Reactions: Flyhighsky
As long as the battery we are say its "dead", you can try to leave it in a fridge for 15-20 minutes, try to charge it direct from the ac power.
Nothing to loose.

Similar happened to me. Only 1 slow blinking light in the dji combo charger with no charging. Switched it to my aftermarket multi charger (YX) and charged up fine. Still working after 3 weeks. No warnings in app. Charges fine now in original dji charger. Hope it works for you or hopefully under warranty.

Hi Bourbon,
exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday (after 3 1/2 weeks of ownership).
There is a manual "Mavic Mini Two Way Charging Hub User Guide". And it says in the section "Status LEDs Descriptions":
"All status LEDs blink in sequence : No battery is inserted."
So I think the battery is dead, because the Hub thinks there is no battery actually :-(
Were you successful in reviving the battery?
I am living in South America, and it is not that easy to get free or even paid replacements (prices are around 90 USD per battery, if you can get one at all....)

You probably have a death battery cell (18650 IRN Samsung ). I will not use that battery again.
If that happened to me will be an excellent project to replace the batteries internally for a SONY VTC6 6 cells. 3000mah.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143