DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Battery Life

MtnFlyer

Reactions
What kind of battery life in minutes are you generally getting with your Mavic Mini in flight taking videos or photos?

Thanks!!!!

Reactions: Mavic Mini
15 to 20 mins depending on the weather conditions ,taking battery down to 40% ,despite its light weight ,the little drone has to work hard if its a little windy even at lower levels ,i only fly in C mode ,i do use a small landing gear that clips to the bottom of the body and a gimbal sun shade that doubles up as a guard when i fly

15 to 20 mins depending on the weather conditions ,taking battery down to 40% ,despite its light weight ,the little drone has to work hard if its a little windy even at lower levels ,i only fly in C mode ,i do use a small landing gear that clips to the bottom of the body and a gimbal sun shade that doubles up as a guard when i fly

Thanks - I almost asked when folks bring their Mavic Mini down and I’m glad you mentioned 40%. We’ve been going to 30% and everyone in the family that flies the drone and experiences auto go home will probably never forget first time it happened - LOL!

Thanks again!

@amelbeach a drone when it flies puts a lot of stress on the battery, it draws current at lots of various levels during a flight ,and it needs to deliver that current when requested to keep the drone in the air you have to remember, its not just the motors that require power but all the electronics that control the drone and receive and transmit the images and info back to the RC ,this is completely different to a device that just draws power to heat up a element to evaporate a liquid

Strange, they are Li-ion batteries. They should hold power fairly indefinitely. I have vape batteries (same Samsung cells in the MM packs) that hold their charge for months at a time without issue. I understand that the need for properly cared for batteries in a drone is way more important than a vape mod, but I have never heard of needing to discharge vape batteries. Heck, you can even fly with them on a plane (in carry-on or checked luggage) without discharging.

Kodi nox
You probably rarely have the vape batteries over 80% for very long.

Lately laptops have the option to not charge above 80% to minimize swelling and prolong life if you tend to leave it fully charged most of the time.

It is correct though that metal can LiIon have less issues than LiPo.

What kind of battery life in minutes are you generally getting with your Mavic Mini in flight taking videos or photos?

Thanks!!!!
I get at least 20 minutes, probably as much as 25 minutes.

The other variable is to what percent charge one goes to. Many head home and land at 30%. My P3 and M2 will want to land at 10% though I can counter by applying throttle. I've yet to get my MM to go to critical land mode even past 10%.

Strange, they are Li-ion batteries. They should hold power fairly indefinitely. <snip>
You should have put a smilely in :)

Actually if properly charged once they reduce to about 70% or so that should keep for a long time.

But I'm pretty sure the OP meant FLIGHT TIME, not just sitting there not being powered on.

I've been getting about 15 to 20 minutes of flight time WITH PROP GAURDS on, temps in the 80's F and very light winds.

I usually get around 22-25 min which brings me around 20-30%. I usually land because I can’t stand the constant Low battery beep-beep-beep-beep

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky