DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini BMS reset ?

BouBou

Reactions
Hello,

Owning a Mavic Mini since its release, and having flown quite a few hours with it for various uses, filming, videos, photogrammetry, etc. I had to tweak it once the warranty ended. I wanted to modify the batteries to try to have a longer autonomy. I made modifications to the battery to hook up my own LiPo. Usually I recharged my LiPo with an external charger, everything worked fine (more than 50 charges with my own Lipo), until the days when I wanted to recharge my LiPo directly via the drone and not with an external charger.
As the battery (BMS battery monitor?) does not want to charge anymore, I checked my wiring, everything is OK? I think the battery is in safe mode to charge 8000mAh Lipo instead of the usual 2400mAh.

1 led lights up then 2 as if it wanted to recharge and the 4 leds flash slowly and impossible to turn on the drone.

So my question, can we reset the errors on a Mavic Mini battery, make a bridge between two pins for example? Before disassembling a new battery (now that I know that it is necessary to recharge with an external charger and not with the drone, I will not make the same mistake again) Is there a way to reset the BMS?

The drone works perfectly with the original battery, and it worked very well with the modification of the batteries for more than 50 recharges (with an external charger), it is really the battery controller that has bug when I wanted recharge directly with the drone. A security on the BMS which was surely triggered.

In itself there is no serious problem, it is just to know if I disassemble a new battery or it was possible to reset the BMS of this one.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 29
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I thought I was clear enough. I am trying to optimize the autonomy of my drone, but I have blocked the BMS of the battery. I found some info in the meantime, I would need an EV2300 adapter to be able to unlock the battery, with "DJI battery tool repair" software? Any idea if this works to reset my battery?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121