DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic mini broken RC stick while flying?

g4goody

Reactions
Hi Everyone,
I took my mavic mini out yesterday after a gap of 2-3 months. It was flying fine but while flying it outdoors i noticed that the RC right stick was too lose and lost its traction to pull back to default. While I was about to land it, i lost controls and it just crashed onto a wall ( >2 M away). Now I noticed that the forward <=> backward movement of the right stick is completely loose (left<> right is still tight). i am 100% sure RC loose stick caused it to crash. I did not fly it since then and when I switched it on, the RC keeps beeping and shows a Gimbal overload error.I bought it in Nov 19 and I dont have DJI Care. :(? Is the remote control stick issue a known one? Is it possible to claim warranty on the remote controls and drone damage?

P.s.: I do keep the drone in its case with the stick removed and plugged inside the rc.WhatsApp Image 2020-07-05 at 1.22.34 PM.jpeg

EDIT: Here are log of the flight that lead to crash: link

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
I took my mavic mini out yesterday after a gap of 2-3 months. It was flying fine but while flying it outdoors i noticed that the RC right stick was too lose and lost its traction to pull back to default. While I was about to land it, i lost controls and it just crashed onto a wall ( >2 M away). Now I noticed that the forward <=> backward movement of the right stick is completely loose (left<> right is still tight). i am 100% sure RC loose stick caused it to crash. I did not fly it since then and when I switched it on, the RC keeps beeping and shows a Gimbal overload error.I bought it in Nov 19 and I dont have DJI Care. :(? Is the remote control stick issue a known one? Is it possible to claim warranty on the remote controls and drone damage?

P.s.: I do keep the drone in its case with the stick removed and plugged inside the rc.View attachment 107020
Sorry to hear about this. Sounds unlikely to happen. Could anything have happened to the RC while you where flying, or just normal usage? Did the right stick feel good before and during the first part of the flight?

How long did you fly before you noticed the defect right stick? I’m thinking, even if it might be hard, you might be able to claim warranty replacement if the log shows normal flight up to the failure of the remote. Impossible to fly normally with this controller as it is now.

Personally I can’t explain how it broke of no physical damage happened. The controller

Reactions: g4goody
Just added a link for the flight log prior to crash. Can you guys make sense of what happened? Not sure if that is useful but i feel something in my drone is also broken as one of my other logs show the Baro. alt as -ve after the crash.

Yes. Right stick was perfectly fine in the first part of the flight. I have logs that indicate normal flight for >10m before this happened. I would have definitely noticed if it was as bad as it is shown in the pic.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50