DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini can't connect with controller

JMF1982

Reactions
Hey guys, i'm very new here.
My Mavic mini can't connect with the controller. It has a red light blinking at every 1,5s (i would say). I have tried with 3 different batteries.
There is a detail that is: the battery lights are not being shown properly. Normally it should show the 4 white lights and just 2 is being shown, even with the batteries full. Also, when i push and hold the power button to turn off the drone it doesn't work at all. No response. I need to take out the battery to turn it off :(

I tried to calibrate the IMU and the gimbal, but no success. It says i need to connect the drone first to the controller, but I just can't.

Should i send it to the Warranty? It just has 1 month.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

João

EDIT: I added 2 more screenshots.

Attachments

• IMG_8037.PNG
    IMG_8037.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8039.PNG
    IMG_8039.PNG
    908 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8040.PNG
    IMG_8040.PNG
    106.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
You said " . Normally it should show the 4 white lights " which implies that it has previously worked correctly. Since it appears that it it is not now working correctly I was asking what happened between 'then' and now?

You said " . Normally it should show the 4 white lights " which implies that it has previously worked correctly. Since it appears that it it is not now working correctly I was asking what happened between 'then' and now?

Thank u for the explanation :)
Well it crashed and after that i couldn't connect it anymore. It was next to a water place, so i'm not really sure if some water got in. I hope not.
I have been watching dozen of videos and tried a few things but no success.

If the problem was caused by the crash then, unless the crash was caused by an malfunction etc., I doubt DJI will consider it a warranty repair. Do you have care refresh. You should upload the flight logs for the crash flight to here and someone will probably go through them and comment on the cause of the crash

If the problem was caused by the crash then, unless the crash was caused by an malfunction etc., I doubt DJI will consider it a warranty repair. Do you have care refresh. You should upload the flight logs for the crash flight to here and someone will probably go through them and comment on the cause of the crash

Well I don't know if it was caused by the crash or not, but the fact is that after that it didn't work anymore :/
It was not even a violent crash.
Should i open it and look for anything that might be the cause of the issue or should i take it to a repair center?

I think there is a known issue with this, and from memory its down to the cable between the controller and screen. Mine did this for the first time last week, and all we did to get it fixed was turn everything off, change the cable and try again and it all worked fine. I find the mini is really cable choosey, and its the controller end that is the issue i believe.

I think there is a known issue with this, and from memory its down to the cable between the controller and screen. Mine did this for the first time last week, and all we did to get it fixed was turn everything off, change the cable and try again and it all worked fine. I find the mini is really cable choosey, and its the controller end that is the issue i believe.

Hey Dave
thanks for the reply.
So u mean the cable between the controller and the iPhone(in my case) ?

With you also just lights from the drone were on?

The error message and icons in the third photo indicate the screen device IS connected to the controller. Thus it would not seem to be a cable issue. With the controller disconnected I (android) get the message "RC not connected to m....." and a red controller icon with a slash through it etc.
With an Ios phone I get "RC not c...." and no controller icon

Thats what it was in my case, i am on iphone . ipad as well and it was a cable issue. To be honest i did not look at the lights. I tried it, turned everything on and off, then stomped off and got another cable. It worked right away, so i cut the bad cable in half and went for a fly. Got through 3 batteries without an issue, so that was certainly the problem in my case. The MM is only 2-3 months old i guess, but i was using a generic longer ebay cable, so i guess that was the issue

The error message and icons in the third photo indicate the screen device IS connected to the controller. Thus it would not seem to be a cable issue. With the controller disconnected I (android) get the message "RC not connected to m....." and a red controller icon with a slash through it etc.
With an Ios phone I get "RC not c...." and no controller icon

That's why i think it is something with the drone :/ Also this issue with the batteries lights, i don't get it.

Tomorrow i'm gonna drive to Switzerland and i checked and there is a DJI repair center on the way.
Do you know if they can quickly have a look on it or if i need to leave the drone there? (i'm just asking because I will be traveling.

Thats what it was in my case, i am on iphone . ipad as well and it was a cable issue. To be honest i did not look at the lights. I tried it, turned everything on and off, then stomped off and got another cable. It worked right away, so i cut the bad cable in half and went for a fly. Got through 3 batteries without an issue, so that was certainly the problem in my case. The MM is only 2-3 months old i guess, but i was using a generic longer ebay cable, so i guess that was the issue

My cable came with the drone. I have the fly more combo, so i'm using the originals from the pack.

Hi Philius, you could be right, i am no expert but certainly the battery icon looked identical, i remember it as it worried me, as i knew all of my batteries were fully charged, i must admit i dont remember the RC icon, and if it was showing or not. Certainly the screen looked very similar and the new cable fixed it perfectly, no issues since the cable replacement, so it was the problem in my case.

For JMF1982, there's a very simple test to determine if there is a cable problem. With the app open, disconnect the cable and see if the error message changed to "RC not connected" etc. then reconnect the cable and see if it reverts to "Aircraft not connected"

For JMF1982, there's a very simple test to determine if there is a cable problem. With the app open, disconnect the cable and see if the error message changed to "RC not connected" etc. then reconnect the cable and see if it reverts to "Aircraft not connected"

When i unplugged the cabe with the app opened it shows this. Then i plug the cable again and it says "Aircraft not connected".

Attachments

• IMG_8042.PNG
    IMG_8042.PNG
    378 KB · Views: 10
sounds like a different issue to me then, sorry if i confused things and good luck finding the issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54