DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini CE version in Manual mode.

OldGuy

Reactions
Happy New Year everyone. I have just come back from flying the MM CE version. By switching to manual and selecting 2.4 GHz I was able to reach just over 2 km. I am flying from a hill with uninterrupted LOS. Of course at 2 km I can’t see the aircraft but as I am over rough terrain I am not too concerned.
What does concern me are reports that suggest that Auto transmission mode tends to select the signal that has the most interference!?
This has prompted me to fly in Manual mode.
Interested to hear if anyone else has views or experience regarding Auto/Manual mode.

Reactions: Brido
Happy New Year everyone. I have just come back from flying the MM CE version. By switching to manual and selecting 2.4 GHz I was able to reach just over 2 km. I am flying from a hill with uninterrupted LOS. Of course at 2 km I can’t see the aircraft but as I am over rough terrain I am not too concerned.
What does concern me are reports that suggest that Auto transmission mode tends to select the signal that has the most interference!?
This has prompted me to fly in Manual mode.
Interested to hear if anyone else has views or experience regarding Auto/Manual mode.
Thanks for your post and happy new year.
How dit you exactly choose manual mode? I also tried on manual mode. A few seconds after I choose a good signal, it turns red. That made me worry. I have also read that auto mode is not always very trustworthy.

Thanks for your post and happy new year.
How dit you exactly choose manual mode? I also tried on manual mode. A few seconds after I choose a good signal, it turns red. That made me worry. I have also read that auto mode is not always very trustworthy.
I set manual mode by doing the following: Power everything up then go into the menu (3 dots at top right of screen). Select Transmission and check what mode you are in. If you are in Auto then you most likely will be on 5.8 GHz (not sure if this is always the case but this happens to my MM set up). Select Manual and a prompt “Switching channels will automatically restart Wi-Fi” will pop up. Click ok. You should note that most likely you will now be in 2.4 GHz. Select one of the 13 channels in the dBm/Mkz box below. Choose a green channel which looks steady/strong. After this check that you are still in 2.4 GHz and you should be good to go. Again, I repeat this is what happens to my set up.

Reactions: deonholt
I set manual mode by doing the following: Power everything up then go into the menu (3 dots at top right of screen). Select Transmission and check what mode you are in. If you are in Auto then you most likely will be on 5.8 GHz (not sure if this is always the case but this happens to my MM set up). Select Manual and a prompt “Switching channels will automatically restart Wi-Fi” will pop up. Click ok. You should note that most likely you will now be in 2.4 GHz. Select one of the 13 channels in the dBm/Mkz box below. Choose a green channel which looks steady/strong. After this check that you are still in 2.4 GHz and you should be good to go. Again, I repeat this is what happens to my set up.
Thanks very much. Appreciate your help. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet