DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Controller will not turn on?

fern88

Reactions
Hello Mavicpilots!

I have a Mavic Mini I have had since December 2019 that I've flown probably around 40 times. This week I went to turn on the controller and nothing turns on. When I plug it in to charge, I have 4 lights on, they will then go 1, 2, 3, 4, and then all 4 are on again. I can leave it for hours but it will still not turn on. I also tried to press all the buttons and then plug it in, the lights will appear different but the end result is the same, it simply does not turn on.

Here's a video of what mine does:

I contacted DJI and they want me to send it for $65/hr plus parts and they did not help me troubleshoot it in any way. I also found that I can buy one used from Ebay for about $30.

Any thoughts if there is a way to hard reset this one or push/revert a firmware in some way?

Thanks!

I would be inclined to go for the ebay option. Just make sure the type / model is the same as your existing one,. That I know of there are two types, one is FCC compliant the other is for the EU and maybe elsewhere.
The model number should be on the back of the controller.

Thanks for the feedback, I got one from Ebay for $25 and it should arrive on Monday. The model number is identical so I'm hoping it works.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
I got the one from Ebay and it's working great! Here is a follow-up video I made about this:

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka