DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Crash, Gimbal arm broke

shawjak3

Reactions
Hey guys,

New to the forum and thought I'd ask about this little wreck I had. I ended up breaking the gimbal arm and thats it. The error code is gimbal stuck. I was going to buy a new gimbal/camera unit on ebay and swap it out but one listing on ebay said it won't calibrate or something even if I swap out the gimbal/camera unit? Would really like some more info on if this is possible to fix myself or if I have to send it in to DJI. Thanks fellas!

welcome to the forum,did you get care refresh if so thats the way i would go,as you could have internal damage you cant see

welcome to the forum,did you get care refresh if so thats the way i would go,as you could have internal damage you cant see

I did not get it sadly. DJI says I can get it if they do the repair but I'm afraid for that part alone I'm $250+ after shipping and the repair.

When I crashed my M2P, broke a front and rear motor arm and damaged the other front hinge and the bushing/bearing on the rear arm. There are videos on how to disassemble. I will say that the internal build quality is robust, with things supported well with wires in snap looms and glued in place. With external appendages taking the brunt of the impact, internal damage seems unlikely, though you will want to re-calibrate things after the repair.

A DIY repair requires a modicum of mechanical aptitude, and in the case of motor arms, soldering skill (the gimbal is a plug in). Be sure to inspect the ribbon cable carefully. If you get in over your head, you can always box it up and send it in for repair.

Have read that it can be difficult to get rid of all error messages after a camera replacement ... apparently the new unit needs to be initiated through some DJI software not public available . Google it to see if it's any truth behind this before you shell out for a new camera module ...

Reactions: old man mavic
Have read that it can be difficult to get rid of all error messages after a camera replacement ... apparently the new unit needs to be initiated through some DJI software not public available . Google it to see if it's any truth behind this before you shell out for a new camera module ...
Ya, that's basically what this ebay posting had said. Dang, really don't want to shell out for the repair. I had just wondered if anyone here was successful in swapping the gimbal/camera unit on their own. Thanks guys, I guess buy the warranty to avoid my mistake.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk