DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini crashing into tree. It was worth it ?

raulmavic

Reactions
Hi,

I crashed into a tree trying to filming this bridge. It was a nice day for flying but something was wrong. Please take note taking off under a tree is high risky.

I was lucky and no visible damage. After a bit of cleaning I was on the air again and cathed amazing views of the bridge, the hill and the nearby town

R.

Darned drones always go UP. Really rude of that tree to be there! :) Maybe it was Class "T" (for Tree) airspace which meant you needed permission to fly there from TRC (Tree Root Control). Glad it worked out OK for you. Beautiful video and great photos.

Reactions: Steel63
Hi,

I crashed into a tree trying to filming this bridge. It was a nice day for flying but something was wrong. Please take note taking off under a tree is high risky.

I was lucky and no visible damage. After a bit of cleaning I was on the air again and cathed amazing views of the bridge, the hill and the nearby town

R.
Tough little bird??

Reactions: Steel63
Hi,

R.
I don't know how crashing into a tree was worth it, but nice video after that. I hope you saw that guide wire at 26 seconds or it would not have been worth it

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Great video, glad it was not damaged.

Reactions: Thomas B
I don't know how crashing into a tree was worth it, but nice video after that. I hope you saw that guide wire at 26 seconds or it would not have been worth it
Thaks a lot for your comments ;)

In fact, I was shoked discovering that guide wire during video edition. I realized that king of cables and electric wires are very hard to see during flight. They are very dangerous obstacles at low level flying.

R.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShermanL