DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Dragged away mild wind

In these situations where the MM is obviously maxing out in rpm on the rear motors, but not getting the thrust it needs - I'm wondering if a question we should be asking is "How are the prop's stowed on these drones when they are folded up between flights?"
Here are some thoughts I put on the table for debate ...
If the props are able to be deformed by e.g. putting a retaining band around the drone that presses the prop-blades into the fuselage - and they don't immediately regain their shape - then there would be a danger of the 'pitch' of the prop blade being reduced, or even going negative at the tips. That of course, would give this effect of max rpm on the motors, yet not sufficient lift generated to push the nose over to get solid penetration into winds.
An additional factor might be that if the drone is packed up hot after a flight, and the prop blades are put in some 'band' to hold them steady - then both front and rear prop sets may be put under compression against the warm body of the drone. That heat may be enough to soften the plastic of the prop blades and remove some of their longitudinal twist (pitch)??

Reactions: sar104
Some bands have slots to keep the blades at the proper level during storage. If stored properly in the Fly More case w/ no accessory they don't get warped. Certainly mine didn't. And anyway...

I've been trying to warn users weeks and months ago while I've been labeled as visionary despite picture of warped propellers and even two videos of MM exhibiting a highly pitched sound, one that's not compatibile with a normally hovering (idling) Mini.

It's curious to see some reach the same conclusion after months I came to mine, despite me no having access to .dat files or any other high end data analysis software. Meanwhile I've tried to warn as many users as I could... and I am pleased to say, some followed suit and confirmed solving the ESC nef problem by replacing the propellers (and certainly being far less likely exposed to wind blow-aways).

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Some bands have slots to keep the blades at the proper level during storage. If stored properly in the Fly More case w/ no accessory they don't get warped. Certainly mine didn't. And anyway...

I've been trying to warn users weeks and months ago while I've been labeled as visionary despite picture of warped propellers and even two videos of MM exhibiting a highly pitched sound, one that's not compatibile with a normally hovering (idling) Mini.

It's curious to see some reach the same conclusion after months I came to mine, despite me no having access to .dat files or any other high end data analysis software. Meanwhile I've tried to warn as many users as I could... and I am pleased to say, some followed suit and confirmed solving the ESC nef problem by replacing the propellers (and certainly being far less likely exposed to wind blow-aways).
The only issue I have with just replacing the props, is that if this has a cause, and that cause is not addressed, it's going to keep on happening!
If the question can be asked though, it might become apparent that the affected Mavic's are being stored in a similar way ...???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0