DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Drops out of the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect there may just be some faulty drones out there..hope it gets fixed..keep us updated

Same thing happened to me with a faulty M2Z.

Same thing happened to me with a faulty M2Z.

That may or may not have been the same problem - yours appeared to be related to the barometric sensor, but you stopped providing data before it was pinned down. The OP here is probably dealing with compass or MM prop lift issues, but hasn't provided any flight logs at all so this is complete speculation.

TELL them you want a refund because you can get a refurbed EVO for $599.00. Maybe they'll fix it or send you one that works, but I do hope you get it worked out.

Also, thank you for the heads up on these faulty little drones. Its terrifying to read but I think all aircraft companies have made mistakes and manufactured some lemon type products from time to time. Boeing has made some pretty good stuff in the past, but their 737 MAX was the absolute pits.

I suggest if you want to stick with dji then look into a used/refurb air or pro platinum.

Good luck son.

Please post your flight logs if you still have them. I have the same problem and I'm starting to believe that many if not all of the Mini's have it. Mine is not as severe yet, and usually only happens over water. But I'm starting to notice changes over land as well which I believe is from the props. Good luck and stay in touch.

Reactions: Thomas B
That may or may not have been the same problem - yours appeared to be related to the barometric sensor, but you stopped providing data before it was pinned down. The OP here is probably dealing with compass or MM prop lift issues, but hasn't provided any flight logs at all so this is complete speculation.

I think the Z-axis accelerometer was at fault after I saw BudWalker's graph with the integrated data.
But the sudden drop / regain of control in this video was very similar to my situation.

I guess we will never know for sure. Sorry for not being able to provide the .DAT - I could not get my device to record it no matter what I did and had to send it back before we could reach a conclusion. (still can't, even after the post warning about not syncing flight logs... seems to have nothing to do with the missing .DAT for me)

I think the Z-axis accelerometer was at fault after I saw BudWalker's graph with the integrated data.
But the sudden drop / regain of control in this video was very similar to my situation.

I guess we will never know for sure. Sorry for not being able to provide the .DAT - I could not get my device to record it no matter what I did and had to send it back before we could reach a conclusion. (still can't, even after the post warning about not syncing flight logs... seems to have nothing to do with the missing .DAT for me)
Try this , connect your RC to the AC . Don’t start the motors . Look in your dat folder and I will bet you have a dat file .

TELL them you want a refund because you can get a refurbed EVO for $599.00. Maybe they'll fix it or send you one that works, but I do hope you get it worked out.

Also, thank you for the heads up on these faulty little drones. Its terrifying to read but I think all aircraft companies have made mistakes and manufactured some lemon type products from time to time. Boeing has made some pretty good stuff in the past, but their 737 MAX was the absolute pits.

I suggest if you want to stick with dji then look into a used/refurb air or pro platinum.

Good luck son.
I sent mine back because I had 3 android devices and none of them would work with the app
and after seeing all these post I'm glad I did .
I just purchased a Mavic Air kit on ebay $650 can't wait to get it .

After similar control issues I sent the drone back to DJI, they said it was fine. I posted the flight log on the phantom.help site and kind people here diagnosed the issue. I sent their findings to DJI who replaced the drone. The bottom line is that there are control/propulsion problems and as far as I am concerned the Mini is for sale. Going back to my Mavic Air.

Reactions: RodPad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78