DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini "ESC Beep"

Balancing a flying pastry on the edge of the cliff of course... ?

I was talking about the Mavic Mini if that wasn't clear enough. Not only in the DJI Forum we've discovered that but also the center of mass that makes the Mini a back heavy drone, hence why the back motors have to thrust even harder.

I've corrected my first post which I had done quite hastily indeed.

Last edited:
Balancing a flying pastry on the edge of the cliff of course... ?

I was talking about the Mavic Mini if that wasn't clear enough. Not only in the DJI Forum we've discovered that but also the center of mass that makes the Mini a back heavy drone, hence why the back motors have to thrust even harder.

I've corrected my first post which I had done quite hastily indeed.

Agreed that it is a little back heavy, but not left heavy.

For balancing reasons the left motor has to work a little harder than the others that's why it usually happens on the left.

Pls explain ; how do you mean, the transfer function; maths behind that statement ? ?

My wild guess it is a qc problem, not a fw issue, as mine had that issue out of the box.
My story in brief: Bought a new MM some weeks ago and before first flight both the drone and tx were updated from 1.00.40 to 1.00.50.
During the first flight I did not pay attention to my phone screen at all due to shooting conditions but when Id landed the left rear beeped and I thought of some overheat issue but we had to wrap it up leave.
Second session was on a very calm evening shortly before sunset. I took off gently and went thru some settings with the drone hovering for a minute or so. Then I climbed to some 10-15 ft but when I then started to push it I got the yellow dialog from the app. But I did not read it beccause I thought the light was insufficent and I could hear some inconsequential sound and stared at the drone while gently taking it in for landing. It sounded like somewhere in between a stalling prop before fluttering. It never flutterred, but have you eg ever flown any indoor 3D plane with a 2S setup on 3S you've might have encountered something like that.
Well, my first thought was Ive somehow cracked a prop in transport or something. Took it down and examined all props but they were all as new. Second flight and this time I read the yellow popup stuff about an over-revving motor. Landed and went thru the props again and did actually make a 3rd attempt after rebooting everything. Same result of course, could fly around floating on air, but as soon as I tried to push it I could hear the sound from the props was sinister and landed again.
At home I couldnt find any damage on the props but when gently lifting the drone prop by prop I could see the ccw's felt thinner and bent more so I ordered new props.
Still waiting for new props and havent been fiddling with the MM since, as I usually shoot with the Mavic Air and do leisure flying with some FPV and 3D drones.

Well, I havent had time for any deeper examination, thats it, but then I found this thread and it suddenly seems like a qc issue or something - dji should have alerted as every drone has to be registered anyway. The prop design is a bit weak, Id rather seen something like the spark or mavic air qr props instead. An issue like this could eg cause nice flyaways or submarines, as I usually have some water involved when filming.

My consideration : Dont fly with the issue present. Its nasty. Havent had issues on drones but on planes with props cracking, nose and/ or motor flown away etc.
Appreciate the lengthy comment/reply/insight but please stop with the abbreviations. Some have no idea what you talking about and also please proof read your comments before posting. Some paragraphs are confusing at best. Info is appreciated and applies to my current situation so I'll attempt prop changes to see if this corrects my beeping ESC issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azod.nem