DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini flight review - Fly with caution

Excellent video, thanks - I have commented on YouTube!

Reactions: vicvideopic
It does seem like perhaps you have a faulty unit, since your location doesn't seem like it would be prone to wifi interference, and there don't seem to be many metal structures around to affect it. I presume you aim the antennae on the remote so that they are perpendicular to the Mini, when it's flying? That's what I read you should do. I *do* occasionally have signal issues, but it's almost always either due to the distance away from me to which I've flown, or because of trees or other objects "getting in the way" of the signal.

It does seem like perhaps you have a faulty unit, since your location doesn't seem like it would be prone to wifi interference, and there don't seem to be many metal structures around to affect it. I presume you aim the antennae on the remote so that they are perpendicular to the Mini, when it's flying? That's what I read you should do. I *do* occasionally have signal issues, but it's almost always either due to the distance away from me to which I've flown, or because of trees or other objects "getting in the way" of the signal.
Hi Douglas,
in the USA you are luckier, as you can choose between two bandwidth.
Sadly in old Europe we don't have the choice, unless through a hack.
Not far from where I live there are some big antenna for telecommunication, I believe that is the culprit.
Having said that other drones in the same location have perfect signal, especially the Mavic 2 with the sensational OcuSync 2

Hi Douglas,
in the USA you are luckier, as you can choose between two bandwidth.
Sadly in old Europe we don't have the choice, unless through a hack.
Not far from where I live there are some big antenna for telecommunication, I believe that is the culprit.
Having said that other drones in the same location have perfect signal, especially the Mavic 2 with the sensational OcuSync 2
Actually the Mini only uses 5Ghz band in NA but more power. Other markets have both bands but less power.
If you hack an FCC model to remain FCC in a CE location, you may get more power but possibly not 2.4Ghz band.

Reactions: vicvideopic
Actually the Mini only uses 5Ghz band in NA but more power. Other markets have both bands but less power.
If you hack an FCC model to remain FCC in a CE location, you may get more power but possibly not 2.4Ghz band.
Thanks,
very interesting, I should give it a try

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98