DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini flips back when trying to take off

stmavicone

Reactions
Hey, I wonder if you can help.

When I turn on the mavic mini, it started up, and the propellor whizz. However, when I give it more power to take off, the drone flips back and crashes. It seems like there is uneven power being given to the propellors? I have tried to do an IMU and compass calibration. Any thing else I can do?

Any help to diagnose and fix?

Thanks

When I turn on the mavic mini, it started up, and the propellor whizz. However, when I give it more power to take off, the drone flips back and crashes. It seems like there is uneven power being given to the propellors? I have tried to do an IMU and compass calibration. Any thing else I can do?

Thanks
Be sure the props are on the correct motors. Sounds like they aren’t.

Thanks
Welcome to the Forum!

Here's a link to the Mini User Manual - see page 18. The two styles of props and each motor arm are marked with (or without) little arcs. Also make sure both props on each motor match.

Prop markings.jpg

Reactions: Thomas B
Has it flown correctly before?

If it's flown correctly before and props were never removed, then something seems wrong with AC.

Are all 4 motors turning? It sounds like you lost a motor or the ESC is bad.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Thanks so much. I will look into resetting to factory settings. DO you just do it through the app?

Last edited:
Thats really strange. I tried again today did a IMU, Compass and Remote Control Calibration, and Reset the remote control (I think) and it worked!

The latter two were the new action that I did. Maybe the remote control had become uncalibrated?!

Thanks so much for all you help everyone. How would I do a factory reset if I needed to in future?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ