DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Footage

Hey everyone!

Luckily yesterday morning I was able to get my 2nd flight with a nice sunrise. I've used the Freewell Bright Day ND/PL-Filter Set, which are working perfectly.
Let me know what you think about it :)

Hey Raoul,

That looks beautiful, love it. Lovely music too. I keep thinking about some filters. Would you say they make a massive difference? Or could you achieve similar results with colour grading etc? (Excuse the ignorance, I’m very much a novice on the photo/video tech side).

Cheers,
Sully

Hey Raoul,

That looks beautiful, love it. Lovely music too. I keep thinking about some filters. Would you say they make a massive difference? Or could you achieve similar results with colour grading etc? (Excuse the ignorance, I’m very much a novice on the photo/video tech side).

Cheers,
Sully

Thanks a lot for your honest feedback!

First of all, I am using ND/PL-Filters which means, that the image gets darker (ND) plus circular polarized (PL).
I'd say especially for video, they make a massive difference (NDs). This is because I'm filming at 2.7K and 24fps with 1/50 shutter speed for the cinematic and natural motion blur.
The polarizing function depends on the sun's angle to your shot. But when applied correctly (90 degrees to the sun) the effect gets really good, colors pop better and this can't be done in post processing. If you're just taking stills and don't care too much about polarizing filters, you'll not need them i think.

I'm using ND and CPL Filters for my landscape photography also. I hope I could help you, but there are already a lot good youtube videos with good explanation for the newest update on the Mavic Mini.

Thanks a lot for your honest feedback!

First of all, I am using ND/PL-Filters which means, that the image gets darker (ND) plus circular polarized (PL).
I'd say especially for video, they make a massive difference (NDs). This is because I'm filming at 2.7K and 24fps with 1/50 shutter speed for the cinematic and natural motion blur.
The polarizing function depends on the sun's angle to your shot. But when applied correctly (90 degrees to the sun) the effect gets really good, colors pop better and this can't be done in post processing. If you're just taking stills and don't care too much about polarizing filters, you'll not need them i think.

I'm using ND and CPL Filters for my landscape photography also. I hope I could help you, but there are already a lot good youtube videos with good explanation for the newest update on the Mavic Mini.
That’s really helpful, thank you. I do a mixture of stills and videos, so sounds like some filters will be a worthwhile investment. I shall go shopping???

Thank you!
I'm glad I could help you with the decision. Happy shopping :D

Might do video about ND/PL filters for the MM soon, because I hear a lot of rumours that make me kinda upset..just a nice and clear comparison with color changes and so on.

Reactions: Sullyspurs
That was awesome. I’m still trying to learn all the little techniques. I live at the beach, so the wind, particularly this spring has blown almost every day, so not much time to fly. If you don’t mind, where do you get your music?

That was awesome. I’m still trying to learn all the little techniques. I live at the beach, so the wind, particularly this spring has blown almost every day, so not much time to fly. If you don’t mind, where do you get your music?

Thank you very much. I hope you‘ll get better times to take out your drone!
I got my music from epidemicsound.com, I just started a free month there to check it out, but for now it seems pretty solid for me.

raoul27 I also have ND filters nd4, 8 16 and 32 and still have not found my groove. What should I use for sunny days or cloudy etc? what would be ISO and shutter speed. What brand are you using for basic drone filming etc>

Hey everyone!

Luckily yesterday morning I was able to get my 2nd flight with a nice sunrise. I've used the Freewell Bright Day ND/PL-Filter Set, which are working perfectly.
Let me know what you think about it :)

Great video...loved it!

Thank you!
I'm glad I could help you with the decision. Happy shopping :D

Might do video about ND/PL filters for the MM soon, because I hear a lot of rumours that make me kinda upset..just a nice and clear comparison with color changes and so on.
I took the plunge on some nd filters and have to say I really like them. they have a great effect. Learnt the other night the lesson about not taking them off though. Way too dark to video, but managed a bonus picture or two instead?.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King