DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini gimbal drift

BCN Pilot

Reactions
Hi all, I still have fewer than 5 hours flight time, so perhaps I'm overlooking something easy... When aloft, the gimbal on my Mini drifts slowly upward, until it can't go any higher. I can easily bring it back down with the control wheel, but it will slowly drift up again. I've tried recalibrating the gimbal several times. At first it seemed to work, but after a minute or two aloft, it starts drifting again. Hmm...
Has anyone else had to deal with this issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

That does not sound good. If you still have a warranty, you might want to use it. At least, contact DJI and check with them.

Have you tried re-centering the gimbal, it's on the control menu page at the bottom in "blue"

Reactions: ff22
Have you refreshed the firmware on the AC and RC using DJI Assistant 2 on the computer

Reactions: BCN Pilot
Have you refreshed the firmware on the AC and RC using DJI Assistant 2 on the computer
Thanks, Iannes, that appears to have gotten it... at least for the 10 minutes that I flew it indoors! I'm going out in the early light tomorrow; hopefully it will behave then, as well.
Cheers!

Thanks, Iannes, that appears to have gotten it... at least for the 10 minutes that I flew it indoors! I'm going out in the early light tomorrow; hopefully it will behave then, as well.
Cheers!

Let's hope so

I had the same issue - I would use the RC Gimbal Dial to set the gimbal to -90 degrees and after a few seconds the gimbal would start to drift up on its own. This would only happen after the RC was on for about 6-10 minutes.

I have DJI Care but opted for a warranty claim. I did send it in to DJI for a warranty issue and it was diagnosed as having to replace the "Gimbal Dial Module" in the RC. I did receive a new RC from DJI at no cost.

Here are the repair details :
Remote Controller Dial Module
Quantity: 1
Net Price : 2.00
Total Price: 2.00
Repair Service Fee
Net Price : 65.00
Total Price: 65.00

Again - no charge to me as it was under warranty

Reactions: BCN Pilot
I had the same issue - I would use the RC Gimbal Dial to set the gimbal to -90 degrees and after a few seconds the gimbal would start to drift up on its own. This would only happen after the RC was on for about 6-10 minutes.

I have DJI Care but opted for a warranty claim. I did send it in to DJI for a warranty issue and it was diagnosed as having to replace the "Gimbal Dial Module" in the RC. I did receive a new RC from DJI at no cost.

Here are the repair details :
Remote Controller Dial Module
Net Price : 2.00
Total Price: 2.00
Repair Service Fee
Net Price : 65.00
Total Price: 65.00

Again - no charge to me as it was under warranty
Wow - thanks for that information! I tried a firmware fix yesterday, and will take it out for a 'real' test today, weather permitting. I really want to get to the bottom of this... a warranty repair sounds like the least onerous way to go. Thanks for the heads up.!

Thanks - you don't even have to do an outside flight test .

Test it inside if you want - just remember that in my case it would not show up until the RC was on for at least 6 minutes.

Most of my flights were with the gimbal at 0 degrees and I didn't notice it until I set the gimbal to -90.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom