DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini gimbal jumps up when pointed down

I have the same issue but it does not happen always. Some time ago I was flying straight down with gimbal painting 90degrees. Was fine. I remember some occasional jumps as well. Today I was doing same down pointed landing and it jumped up 4 times of under 30 sec - I pointed it back without reducing landing speed, and it jumps up again. Repeated that 4 times until landed.

Hey all, new to this forum, had the mini now since it first came out, and I'm experiencing this exact same issue. Has this been resolved by anyone yet? I'm running all the latest Firmware and have done all the calibrations, still having this issue!

Hey all, new to this forum, had the mini now since it first came out, and I'm experiencing this exact same issue. Has this been resolved by anyone yet? I'm running all the latest Firmware and have done all the calibrations, still having this issue!

the gimbal jump is still present with latest update. I've just accepted its gimbal limit that is not present is P4P. still a great flyer.

I flew yesterday, June 17th, 2020, and had this same problem with the gimbal jumping needlessly. With multiple software updates in the past few months it's still an issue. It makes one of my favorite shots almost impossible to get and makes me so frustrated.

I flew yesterday, June 17th, 2020, and had this same problem with the gimbal jumping needlessly. With multiple software updates in the past few months it's still an issue. It makes one of my favorite shots almost impossible to get and makes me so frustrated.
From my experience it happens only when its windy. Basically gimbal can't stay pointing down, if drone is pulled backwards by the wind and has to resist. In such case try doing your shot after rotating drone 180degrees. If wind will stay consistent, drone will be able to keep gimbal pointing down if wind is pulling it forward instead of backwards. If it does not make sense, just try it. I don't think I can explain it clearly without a drawing.

Reactions: TitanTrev
I posted a similar thread. I’m almost positive it’s a software issue that affects all minis. I haven’t had anyone try flying with the camera straight down -90 and not report it jump up if they fly around for awhile. You can tell it is not related to exceeding the stops by tilting the mavic around manually with the motors off (exceeding the stops). If you exceed the gimbal angle it still returns to -90 when it can.

Example:
Yeah that video perfectly illustrates it. Mine did the same thing even on a still day while moving slowly. I even tried the Cine mode and it still jumps.

I just experienced this for the first time yesterday evening, quite severely. I HAVENT recalibrated or anything yet, will try all recommended steps later today. Just wanted to share this clip straight away for anyone in any doubt that this is a thing. Happens at least 7 times in this 30 second clip. I was flying in Cine mode, clip speed has not been altered in anyway. There was wind but it was minimal as you can see from the tree branch motion.

Will report back again after recalibration etc this evening.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB