DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini motor covers? They make so little difference in air time and no noticeable temperature difference! Buy 2nd gen. 4 screw only. Rain & Dust p

I fitted the red set of motor covers on my Mini last week, really just to extend the hight of the props, it did this by about 2mm. I have only been able to fly the Drone around my garden since because of the lockdown, but it flew very well, quite stable. I let it fly for about 15 minutes just going round and round an area about 5 meters by 6.
I have one of those temperature guns that you can point at things and it reads their temperature, The motors didn't get any hotter than they would have been without the covers. I am very pleased with them they have fulfilled my requirements of preventing the blades from hitting the body of the Mini when flying forwards in sports mode.

I fitted the red set of motor covers on my Mini last week, really just to extend the hight of the props, it did this by about 2mm. I have only been able to fly the Drone around my garden since because of the lockdown, but it flew very well, quite stable. I let it fly for about 15 minutes just going round and round an area about 5 meters by 6.
I have one of those temperature guns that you can point at things and it reads their temperature, The motors didn't get any hotter than they would have been without the covers. I am very pleased with them they have fulfilled my requirements of preventing the blades from hitting the body of the Mini when flying forwards in sports mode.

...and weight?

The ones I purchased were supplied by "PGYTECH" and were made of Aluminium, They appeared good quality to me. I am happy with them anyway.

That's great to hear! Thanks for confirming the same experience I've had! I bought the first generation not knowing about generation 2 covers.
Since the top is one piece, hood over the gimbal and the motors water resistant. I'll be getting some good video during snow, rain and depending on wind some lightning video.
I'm going to send a photo of the monster LED lights I put in the front false sensor holes. You can solder the wires to the board behind the GPS. The lights I got from the Eflite Timber nose landing lights. I had to bore the holes about 1/16th to fit. As far as the mini goes those lights will shine very bright!
If you lose video feed and dont want to RTH just rotate until they are their brightest and your a straight bee line home! 11 years ago when drones had minds of their own I started the white light guide to get the dinosaur home.
I'll have it done tonight as soon as I find some flux!
I've got the Mavic Pro / Mavic 2 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro+V2 but I have to admit this mini is the first Hi-tech you can fly from your porch without the noise!
I'll show you what I did in photos tonight or tomorrow at the latest!
Now I just need to find the best Part 107 training around Denver so I can start my new career. Injured critically at work and said It's time to do what I love!
As a photographer since I was 15 the aerial camera added a whole new dimension!

Thanks for the reply!
Jeff
PS. Did you say you bought the red ones? I did for it stands out better!

Yes, I also bought the hood for over the Gimbal and to protect the camera. As you say it will help if the Mini gets court out in the rain.
regards Bob

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli